BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering when the dam is being drained so the flats arent under water....

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
The dam does not get "drained". Stave Lake is a reservoir. A reservoir's purpose is to contain as much water as possible for a variety of reasons.
The water levels of Stave have been unusually low the last couple of years due to the work on the dam. The work is now finished.
The water level will decrease in relation to the lack of rain and run off we get. So the longer it is dry, the less water in the reservoir. It is an annual thing.

Wes

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh...

:eek: I stand corrected...err...but yeah thanks dude. Anyone been up there lately?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
yeah i was up there just lasy week the water is still super high a couple mud wholes not thow get boring pretty fast but i did manage to get stuck (sure u can go threw the middle it cant be that deep) dont listen to your friends.

·
Registered
640 Posts
no no no....yes wes is right it is a resivior but the water goes down every fall winter and a bit of spring its low and the flats are there because in thoses seasons the dam is open more to let water through because people use more power then...but now it is basically closed cuz no one uses power cuz there out camping etc. not inside and its warm and there is alot of run off...so end of september the water will start to go down again and be down for a while till spring

·
Registered
465 Posts
since the water is high right now.. will there be bunch of people there or not?

thinking about going there sometime soon and watch other 4x4 trucks doing stuff or its not packed anymore??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts