BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 85 samurai w/86 axles spring over, grsII case, and stock 1.3. I was very happy with the power but was stupid and sold my stock carb. I don't want more perfomance, but need it to do well offroad, in off camber, bumpy, uphill, etc. I don't mind a carb, but also would like to find out about different F.I. setups, preferably simple t.b.i. setups that use just oxygen sensor and throttle position sensor. I can make a adaptor plate, maybe. I do know about the pony carb, but thoughts, pros and cons, etc would be appreciated. thx.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pony carbs are big POS's IMO. I ran one on my rig for a while but it just wasn't any good offroad. In particular it would stall out all the time when going up steep inclines. I know there are alot of guys in the US that run them but they're intakes are reversed to ours up here so they stall out going downhill which isn't as bad (again, IMO).

There is also a Nikki carb from older Mazda's (72-74 b1600) that supposedly works well. Go to http://www.my-suzuki.com the guy there has some pictures.

HTH,
Robin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i used a 5200 holley from a 1.7l dodge omni. this carb works awesome on hills and bumps. you have to keep your fut into it a bit going down hills but it is also very easy to make a adaptor plate for. i did it with a hole saw and a drill press. any questions just e-mail

------------------
85 Samurai 13" lift, Snorkel,Bucket seats, yoda axles, soon to be chev 4.3l V6 th350 and 205 tcase, on 33X12.50 super swampers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts