BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that either the front or back leafs from a stock YJ are sometimes used to lift some Toy pick ups. Is this true? If so could you please explain?

·
Registered
708 Posts
yeah i cant remember it all that well but i believe you get 2.5" of lift of the rear YJ leafs. They are a bit wider leafts but o well. o yes they only lift the front

·
1,269 Posts
I might be crazy but I was under the impression that YJ leaves are the same front and rear? :confused: I don't see any reason why you couldn't use them front and rear if you so desired.. anything can be made to work with a bit of tweaking. :D

I know that my waggys (and probably yj and tj's) are 2.5" wide, whereas a Toy leaf is 2.36" wide. Bottom line, bend some stuff they fit good. I used 2WD Ranger rear ubolt plates with the holes drilled out a little (excuse the crackhead square ubolt idea shown in this picture).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Stock YJ leaves will not lift your truck. 4" lift YJ's will lift your truck approx. 4.5". I think the only difference between front and rear YJ's is the spring rate.

Corey

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Big Bad Pete said:
So would I be correct in assuming that the 2.5" YJ lift leafs will lift a Toy around 3" Corey? Did you happen to know which pack has the softer spring rate (front or rear)?
Rear YJ springs are rated to carry more weight than the fronts. Whether or not the Jeep has a 4-cyl or 6-cyl, or hard-top or soft-top also makes a difference.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had that all backwards sorry Pete. 4" YJ spring will get you 5-6", about the same as 44044's. 2.5" YJ's will get you right around 4" of lift. Of course alot of it has depends on drop hangers and shackle angles. Everyone seems to be different because of different SAS hangers and stuff. I think the above is a decent guesstamet though.

Corey

·
Registered
574 Posts
I dont think the square u-bolts are totally crackhead, you just need something to keep them from popping off the perches, like a stock bumpstop bracket with the rubber bumpstop part torn off the metal.

·
1,269 Posts
wade shestaka said:
I dont think the square u-bolts are totally crackhead, you just need something to keep them from popping off the perches, like a stock bumpstop bracket with the rubber bumpstop part torn off the metal.
It was a nifty little experiment, and would work if I welded a little piece of metal on the ends like you said, but in reality going with them the proper way (one 1" longer than the other, mounted the other way) is better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts