BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.....

Going up to the Okanagan for the Labour Day long weekend.... just wanted to see what trails in the immediate area would suit my stock Sidekick.....

Cheers!

:canadian :beer

·
Registered
352 Posts
Lots of places in and around Vernon for a stocker. Becker Lake is pretty good with varying terrain, nothing too serious. Tillicum Village has a great mud pit, most likely dry by now.

Spinecob in Winfield has climbs, mud, off camber , rocks etc.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the leads! Directions? I can get around town, but i'm not incredibly familiar with the area.

:beer

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lots of places to go.

Are you looking for a challenge or a scenic cruise?

Are you totally stock? tires? tow hooks?

Depending on the timing I wouldn't mind taking you on a run, and Im sure a few others of the Explorers would join us.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't think i'll have my new springs and rubber by then.... and only the factory tow rings.

Keep in mind, its a 500k drive, so challenging may not be a great idea, as once I get back, I have to start a new job. So, i'd like to keep things in one piece. Scenic would be nice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last year I took stocker Chevy thru the power lines north of Lavington (which is just East of Vernon on Hwy 6) just before the gas station in Lavington you turn up Noble Canyon Road & head up up - the scenery was spectacular view of Kal Lake & entire Vernon area. Also Lakes & FS Rec sites up there. Mucho exploring.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bah! Spent 8 years as a Boy Scout! All I need it a bush and some leaves! :D :p ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not entirely sure yet. Going up Friday night / Saturday morning, leaving sometime Monday. Since there's just under 2 weeks left, that gives us plenty of time to concrete some plans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts