BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vancouver BC Canada

Sometime between 630pm Friday Aug 16 and 9:00am Saturday Aug 17, from secured parking in the 900 block of Seymour Street.

Black 1992 4Runner SR-5
Grey interior
22R-E, auto tranny
4" Superlift suspension lift
1" body lift
IFS
33" Kumho MT/s on black American Racing rims
Custom rear bumper/tire carrier w integrated brake lights
Frame-welded All-Pro rock sliders
Stock front bumper w front Smittybilt bull bar (dented) w 4 Hellas
Aftermarket sunroof
Optima Red Top
Downey 110A alternator
Custom on-board air w under-frame tanks
Diff breathers
Yellow swaybar disconnects
Radio shack CB and VHF
Pioneer CD deck

This truck was stolen from behind TWO security gates and while immobilized with "The Club" AND a night switch. It was obviosly targeted prior to being stolen.

CDN$1000 REWARD, FOR INTACT RECOVERY OF THE TRUCK, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Pictures can bee seen at http://www.geocities.com/theironyuppy

Page 604 650-4480, 24hrs. or contact Vancouver Police at (604) 717-3321

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Hope this helps. Nothing is safe if they really want it I guess.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Will.

I'm so pissed off! I had a Club and a freakin' night switch locked under the hood! Makes me wonder what the point is of ever aspiring to own anything nice, when some a**hole will just come along and take it.

Figures I'd be in Vancouver, and don't have any pics of my truck to post.

That's basically what it looks like now, except with the lift, 33"s on black rims and that nutty rear bumper/tire carrier.

Thanks for posting this!

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
I don't think the "Club" provides any protection at all, doesn't take much effort to cut through a steering wheel. What is a night switch? You mean an ignition or fuel cutoff switch?

At any rate they may have just hooked a tow truck to it and towed it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What's the license plate number?

That helps a lot since a lot of us can't tell the differences between all the 4Runners running around out there. At the very least, if the thieves are not smart enough to change the plates you'd have a better chance of recovery.

Ed

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Idea--I forgot...

198 CCH (BC Plates)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
:angry

That sucks man, always happens to the good guys. I bought your Ranchos off you and am surprised it wasn't secure parked there. What does one have to do?? Back and lock your reciever hitch into a steel rod cemented to the wall???

I seem to agree with the tow truck idea, who questions a tow truck pulling anything these days.

We'll keep our eyes open ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
i will keep my eye out here in nanaimo.. you never know my friend.... when and if you find the guy, tell me and we can have an old fashion beating, where we hit him more times then he hits us... Punks.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
more current?

·
Registered
277 Posts
i swear i saw that rig in Langley tonight. i know i did.
at the Road House...

i KNOW i saw it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did you call the cops? They won't keep an eye out for a stolen truck unless they can narrow down the area. Too bad my jeep's apart and I'm up here and all. I'd love to do a drive and look around.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i saw it hours ago. ill call them and tell them though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info, you guys, and the kind thoughts!

I don't think it was a tow truck, because where it parked was really difficult to get to, and there was only 2" of clearance between the roof of tghe truck and an overhang near the garage door. If it was up on a hoist--eeven a small one--they would have smashed into the overhang/got stuck.

Whatever they did, it was a smooth job. None of my neighbours saw anything unusual, and there was no glass or anything left in the parking stall.

But, who knows.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
What area of Vancouver was it stolen from?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Downtown. 900 Block of Seymour Street (near the orpheum Theatre).

For the record, I was driving it on Denman Street near Georgia earlier and saw Greg Sue driving his rig. So, Greg, if you're reading this, and think you saw my truck after it was stolen, it was'nt (yet).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I saw a runner almost identical also just outside of Langley, to be exact 208 and 16th ave.. driving towards aldergrove. Could be a clone tho. :confused:

Good luck on gettin your rig back in one piece.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yup, that was me, and THANKS, I thought I saw it "somewhere" recently, but I couldn't place it. Sorry, didn't know it was you, would have waved! :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I saw a runner almost identical also just outside of Langley, to be exact 208 and 16th ave.. driving towards aldergrove. Could be a clone tho.
that would be the second langley siteing...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts