BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOUND!!!! THANKS VANCOUVER POLICE!

Just in case the thieves who stole my truck are able to read, and read this board. Smile, because you're on Candid Camera. I guess you didn't notice the camera at the parking garage gate last Saturday at 6:45am, but it noticed you both. Nice jam shorts, by the way--be sure and wear them in prison...you'll be very popular.

Just hope the police find you first. Or, just leave the truck somwhere, intact, and I'll forget I have you on tape, sweet-cheeks.

Oh, and that tape, the police have it now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the technology here, Moose, but as soon as the cops return an inhanced image, I sure will post their mugs!

I'm looking forward to it, actually :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hahaha, awesome! I hope you won't mind if I post their mugs on my website too. :D

If they're young guys, try obtaining an annual from the nearest high school.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
So... How did they get it? Did they get it started or did they pull it out with another car?

:confused:

Useless turds :angry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Tweedledum covers the garage entrance while tweedlejamshorts 'cards' the gate and they walk into the garage together. Eight minutes later, my truck drives out and heads south toward Nelson Street.

But, here's the thing; it looks like tweedlejamshorts has a card to the garage. My suspicion is that they gained entrance to the garage earlier in the evening (there's footage of two similar guys in one of the elavator hallways around 3:30am, but I'll let the police determine if it's the same guys). I bet they began working on the truck the first time, and maybe got scared away by someone, or went to get more tools. They probably took my garage pass from the visor at that point, and just walked back in around 6:45am. It looks like tweedlejamshorts is carrying something about the size of a pick set as they enter.

The moron had his face obscured by his hand until he was in the foreground of the surv camera, so there's a nice shot of him as he enters the garage. His fat idiot friend is even less discreet (if you can take your eyes off his fat gut, you'll get a great view of his ugly mug, too).

Anyway, I'll post the pics as soon as I can find someone on the Island with video capture gear--I don't have the ability to dub the vhs tape onto pc.

But, as soon as i do, I'll put it all here for your enjoyment.

Don't forget, there's still a $1000 reward for anyone who get's my truck back in one piece. Maybe one of those POS have friends who might want to sell them out.

Even if I don't get the truck back, maybe I should post a reward for anyone providing me with these guys' nanes and home addresses. What do you think, should I? Maybe a bunch of you who have stuff stolen recently might want to drop in and say "hi" to these guys or something...

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Sounds like bc4x4 could become crimestoppers, post the pictures and maybe someone will recognize them.

·
Registered
860 Posts

Hey if you find them this could make a great annual meet and greet for bc4x4 members. I love visiting the island...and I got some Holidays left over to boot.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hey if you can't find anybody else to transfer the tape for you I've got all the gear to do it at work.

Hope you find your truck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
my buddy had his prelude broken into in Maple Ridge right outside another buddies house just last night while we were all inside for about a half hour. Stole his stereo, rollerblades, busted up the console, keyed the car, and left the rca output so the stereo is completely useless.. but I guarantee you that he and I would be in for a little "meet and greet" (if you know what I mean), when you find these punks.

Keep us all posted, and I'll continue to keep an eye out for the 4Runner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks to a friend on the Island, here's a video of the guys who "probably" stole my truck. Of course, they're innocent until proven otherwise, yadda yadda yadda.

The mpeg isn't nearly as sharp as the original, but the Law's still working on enhancing the original. Even the VHS copy I have is much easier to see than this--hey, it's just a mpeg! I'm putting this up in case anything about what you see twigs anything for you. Familiar movements, clothing, etc. As soon as the police give me the enhanced stills, I'll put them up. I'll be more than happy to show you a much sharper image of the original tape if you think these guys might ring a bell.

http://twinducks.com/brian/stolen.mpg

All the action takes place on the lower right frame (garage door). Basically, these guys walk in, and about 5 minutes later, they drive off with my truck. There isn't anything to see from this angle when the truck drives away, so that part's been omitted to save on bandwidth.

Feel free to post/link.

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FOUND BY VANCOUVER POLICE!! WOO HOO!!!

I don't know where, when, or the condition, but at least it's recovered...

Details to follow.

Woo Hoo!

D'oh!!! I just bought a Land Cruiser!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Glad to hear it, I hope too that it's in good shape. Good choice with a Land Cruiser - wish I could afford one to make it the family car :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.