BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all right here is the story my rotors on my car are extremly warped so i got new front rotors and got the backs turned, two weeks later they are warped again. could it just be my driving or somthing else, should i spend the big $ on drilled and sloted roters, dont know if i do will they warp again?:violin :canadian

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, it COULD be your driving, or it could just be the welfare rotors you are getting. Depending on your driving style (sunday drive, or just robbed the bank) you might want to consider the drilled rotors. they can handle a more aggressive driving style. what kinda car is it, and do you have the old style one piece rotors or do you have the rotors with the air slots in them (between the two contact surfaces)??

·
Registered
401 Posts
Also make sure you torque the wheels down properly. If you just wrench the one with an air gun you can warp the rotors

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think the driving style might have a bit to do with it, they are the ones with the air slots in them. and in a 1996 dodge avenger es i bought the rotors at lordco should i got to a brake place to get new rotors i like the discount at lordco.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
JOE DIRT said:
i think the driving style might have a bit to do with it, they are the ones with the air slots in them. and in a 1996 dodge avenger es i bought the rotors at lordco should i got to a brake place to get new rotors i like the discount at lordco.
Lordco sells a couple different types of rotors. You can get cheap offshore rotors and more expensive North American made stuff. The difference in quality is obvious.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I know at the shop I work at we always turn the new rotors we get in because sometimes they can still be off a little bit. Have you checked if your rims might be bent?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just bought new rims so i dont think its that scince it is still the same

·
Registered
222 Posts
You said that these are slotted rotors? Well I know from autocross that slotted and cross-drilled rotors are crap. They basically warp right away from what I have heard. I think only ricers run them now just because they look cool.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The usually only warp if you get them done yourself. as stock brakes aren't designed to be full of grooves and holes. If you're buying a big brake kit, then generally they have a larger surface area, and are designed with the holes and grooves in ind for the better cooling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts