BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going out anywhere this sunday? Mind if I come out and join you?:cool: :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I,m going out sunday but dont know where yet . I was thinkin of the top of stave but I just got the new Can4x4 and their is directions to a place called willson lake so I might go try to find it:D :D

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
sugerray said:
I,m going out sunday but dont know where yet . I was thinkin of the top of stave but I just got the new Can4x4 and their is directions to a place called willson lake so I might go try to find it:D :D
The Wilson Lake trail has a washout approx. 1.5kms from the parking area. You will have to hike in from there.

Pic of the washout
Photo by DMMcG

·
Registered
94 Posts
wilson lake

i was up there the week-end before last. had to move alot of rocks where one of the bridges used to be. there will be some pin striping since the trail is becoming overgrown.

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Re: wilson lake

Did you make it past the washout and up to the lake?

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Re: wilson lake

SILVERADO SHORTBOX said:
yeah made it up all the way to the lake. the washed out area is where we moved the rocks. its a bit of a tight turn but doable.
Any snow left up there? Is the lake still covered in ice?

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Great, thanks for the info. May head up there in the next week or so.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Re: Re: wilson lake

1badfordtruck said:

Any snow left up there? Is the lake still covered in ice?

Snow? Still! Just how high is this lake?

Rob

·
Registered
64 Posts
i will be at the sasquatch inn at about noon on sunday, so if anyone is interested thats were ill be.I have a wedding to attend on saterday night before so if things change ill post on sunday.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The last time I did that trail was in my CJ5. Its an awesome trai!!!l :) :) I'll meet you there sugerray and i'll see how many of my friends i can round up.:cool:

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Be warned, the trail has changed quite a bit...especially the rock garden about half way through the trail. Was fairly easy last year. I took 3 other trucks up with me and we made it to the lake in about 1.5 hrs. On a recent trip, I went up with 11 trucks and it took almost 5 hours to get to the washout 1.5 kms below the lake. It would be best to go with 5 or 6 trucks at the most, otherwise it will take you all day to get up there. Good luck!

·
Silverback
1,270 Posts
'cept we had many stock trucks and inexperienced drivers (& one suicidal dog)...

We would have been up to the washout much more quickly with 33" tires. You'll recall that Colin went up the rock garden at about 10kph (praise diff-guards!!).

I'm very curious about the line taken through the washout - maybe someone has done a little road-building?

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
We're heading to Dixon Lake tomorrow morning but if we have time after our "primary objective," we'll try to have a look at Wilson Lake and shoot some pics of the washout.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
DMMcG said:
'cept we had many stock trucks and inexperienced drivers (& one suicidal dog)...
Oops, guess I forgot to mention that :D

DMMcG said:
We would have been up to the washout much more quickly with 33" tires.
Unless of course it's a certain stock Ford on 32 inch tires that can go just about anywhere (with some spotting) ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So just for the record is anyone heading out for sure tomorrow:cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts