BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mud run at stave on sundays. They usually start in fall (after all the campers go away). Last week-end there were a few trucks. Would like to see more! I'm not sure too many people know about this but it is fun... I (unfortunatly) am usually a spectator as my stock explorer can't handle mud YET!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That sounds like tonnes of fun!

How do I get to Stave Lake. Is there any certain time that people go or is it just all dyay?

I hope there are people there that can pull a full size dodge out of the mud

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

·
Registered
643 Posts
I was there on saterday. It was pretty fun, but I had to stick to small patches of mud since there were no other trucks there. I didn't want to get stuck by myself without any recovery equipment

------------------
----------------
Crack
92 Ranger 6" lift 31s
Slamming the gas can get you over almost anything, the question is, can you keep going after

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by Crack:
I was there on saterday. It was pretty fun, but I had to stick to small patches of mud since there were no other trucks there. I didn't want to get stuck by myself without any recovery equipment

That was very good planning

------------------
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You take Lougheed Hwy into Maple Ridge. Turn left onto Dewdney Trunk Rd.(thats at the Staples store). Follow it for about 20-30mins until yer in the boonies. After you feel like you've been driving forever you'll come up to a dam, Do not cross it. Take a left onto the dirt. You should see a guy in a shack that takes your licence plate number, then you're on the right road. Follow the main road until you can see the mud flats to your right (quite a ways). The road will branch up to the left(this takes you to a cool view of Stave and Alouette lakes) or to the right which takes you to the mud flats.
Have fun!!!!!

------------------
'94 Chev 1/2ton 6"ProComp
'89 Sidekick 3" body

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I will go if I have my truck fixed by then. Perhaps I can find others to come too.

------------------

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I find it more interesting to watch people getting stuck and being recovered, also dont wanna risk blowing my D35 again

------------------
-'85 XJ Pioneer, 2dr, 4cyl, 5spd, 31x10.5's, 2" lift
-'82 J-10 Project truck, 258 straight 6, 5spd, 30x9.5's. bone stock(for now)
"its not what you drive, or where you drive,
its driving what you have to where you want to go"

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
yah I broke a couple teeth of the ring gear just over a month ago. its all fixed now.

picking a time to go wheeling is hard lately, im not usually around much. I tend to do a fair bit of late night runs, more interesting that way

------------------
-'85 XJ Pioneer, 2dr, 4cyl, 5spd, 31x10.5's, 2" lift
-'82 J-10 Project truck, 258 straight 6, 5spd, 30x9.5's. bone stock(for now)
"its not what you drive, or where you drive,
its driving what you have to where you want to go"

·
Registered
643 Posts
I prefer to go and hit the mud, but not get stuck. My trucks pretty light so it dosen't sink easily. I've been lucky, so far I haven't gotten it stuck. I'm also not stupid with what I try to go through though

------------------
----------------
Crack
92 Ranger 6" lift 31s
Slamming the gas can get you over almost anything, the question is, can you keep going after

·
Registered
185 Posts
i might be heading up there tomorrow because i got the day off from school, but i should be there sunday afternoon sometime in my sami.... won't be doin any wheeling though cuz its stock, and i can't afford to break anything, but i'll be there watchin other people break stuff

------------------
Stock 1985 Suzuki Samurai

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by 4x4fan:
i might be heading up there tomorrow because i got the day off from school, but i should be there sunday afternoon sometime in my sami.... won't be doin any wheeling though cuz its stock, and i can't afford to break anything, but i'll be there watchin other people break stuff
You could still have some fun in the mud.
Just don't go in the deep stuff

------------------

·
Registered
185 Posts
ya, i might take some of the trails, but i think i'll stay out of the mud till the mods are done... which might take a while, but hey, if i get to cocky you'll see me stuck in the mud for sure

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I'm pretty sure, I'll be there. I'll pull you out if you get stuck....of course. I might be the one needing a pull

------------------

·
Registered
92 Posts
i'm goin' muddin' this sunday at stave flats
always ready to rescue and be rescued!
see you there around noon.
enjoy!!!!!!!11
cherokee

------------------
2muchfun

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
It looks like I will be going on Sunday. Doeas anyone know how flooded it is right now?

------------------

·
Registered
185 Posts
I went up there last sunday, and the water was down to where it normally is, so there was tons of room to play on the flats
Looks like if the weather isn't too bad i'll be up there sunday between 1 and 4ish.... my uncle will be up there in his chevy too..

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by 4x4fan:
I went up there last sunday, and the water was down to where it normally is, so there was tons of room to play on the flats
Looks like if the weather isn't too bad i'll be up there sunday between 1 and 4ish.... my uncle will be up there in his chevy too..

Cool. As long as I get my u-joints changed tomorrow I will see you there. My truck ir really hard to mis. It will probably be the most rusty truck there.

------------------

1 - 20 of 103 Posts