BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 640 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Im in if there is help needed in getting it out. Got a superduty on 35s dont know if ill mak it up there but i can take the quad up and lend a hand anyway

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
:eek:.......holy crap that sucks.......Doug and i were at Hale yesterday and Doug was driving his mog we coulda pulled it out for sure...........im screwed till next weekend to help.........sorry

·
Registered
135 Posts
there is a jeep in the water right off the rope swing, it went in backward. its leaking gas and oil pretty bad. you can't reach it under water to deep without scuba gear. probably 15ft+ deep wear it is. it going to be a hard recoverie. i am down to help.

·
Registered
690 Posts
wow that sucks. I'll go there tomorrow and get it out of there.

Steve?
Steve is in Alberta for the next two weeks....

I'm wondering if someone from the 4wdabc should contact the Ministry of Tourism about this little mis-hap??? Because it would be nice if they could supply some oil containment socks for the oil in the water or something...

Just a thought...

Ryan

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
that's real ****ty! can't wait to hear what the story behind that is .... i doubt anyone dumped a stolen jeep all the way up there....

If this recovery gets moved to Thursday i could come out and lend a hand! Unfortunatelly, cannot make it Wed...

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Tuesday, Wednesday, I'm so confused.

I was thinking Tuesday, but if we need someone with dive gear we may have to wait.

I can't swim.....

Okay I'm gonna go there Tuesday and have a look at the least.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Dan, if you are part of the wednesday recovery, i can go up Tuesday and take pics to save you a trip. Pics would be posted Tuesday evening....

but i'm just thinking ... if the truck is at 15ft, will i be able to see much????
The only thing i can see look for the tracks where it slid into the water approximately, to give an idea from where the recovery will be done......

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm in. Sounds like it'll be quite the task trying to get it out. Maybe Sas will be up for a trip in the Mog.

·
Registered
428 Posts
15 feet? No problem I've free dove to 50 feet without too much effort. That being said I'm a certified diver as well, If you guys need a water rat I can head up there Tuesday after work (I'll bring the mask n snorkel)
604 763 3103
Kevin

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
so in a case like this can the salvagers bill icbc or the owner for the recovery? once its out I assume someone will find out who it belongs to and if this is a stolen vehicle.

this is a very crappy thing. just cant think of sunrise being marred like this.

1 - 20 of 640 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.