BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to the coast with my gf thi weekend to visit the her parents and really want to try this bible camp trail but i have read all about the trips but have no idea where it is any feedback would be helpful and i have a 2000 jeep tj 4.0 stock think i can make it as well as directins thanks in advance

·
Registered
601 Posts
Based on my last trip there I wold not recommend doing that trail by yourself and in a stock Jeep. Could still be snow on the trail too. Maybe some of the guys from the Coast might chime in with more up to date info.

Derek

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
ppffftttt, no problem, Gavman towed a trailer in there today. I hear they got lost a little though.....

Its monsoon season here though, it might just be the most violent storm I've ever experienced

·
ultimate web wheeler
2,359 Posts
ppffftttt, no problem, Gavman towed a trailer in there today. I hear they got lost a little though.....

Its monsoon season here though, it might just be the most violent storm I've ever experienced
there? hell down here is banuts. i hope everyones got some sturdy tents out there this weekend! too bad i couldnt make it...would have been a great work out for both the trailer and our tent...

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I missed todays run to the bible camp, but I arrived at the Herd campsite this afternoon to find one shelter torn apart, one tent upside down and flat, and one tent blown apart from a tree fallen on it. I put extra tent pegs in mine today, I'm thinking of leaving my spare tire in it to keep it from blowing away tomorrow while we're out wheeling.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I wish I had seen this post earlier! I would have gone. I might insure the truck and come down to play today.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Just got home this evening, I would say any stock truck with 31 inch tires could make it in there, but once there you will need to install a locker and put 33's on for the run out, almost all downhill for the knarrly bits going in there but uphill and loose gravel, some mud and lots of rock ledges coming out, another guy in a lifted forerunner with rear locker was winching through at least a couple of spots in front of us coming out.

Its a very cool trail and the campsites are cool too, but the buildings are in a bad state of repair.... We found a huge cedar log on a side trail that made some sweet firewood, oh and we took a wrong turn cause we had Snacks doing the navigating

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Did both the rtt and springbar Sonny, had 4 kids plus me and the missus so hence the trailer for gear....
Trail was good coming up, definitely needed both lockers though to get up again...
You should try it:popcorn

·
Registered
150 Posts
Danny, was great to meet you guys on the trail. Saw Tim in the ferry line, glad to see he made the boat - got Graham's valve tool back - thx.

To all that are considering this trail, I would get on it this year. There are no drainage ditches on most of the way down and the trail is basically turning it into a river. I used both lockers a few times in my heavy 'cruiser going out. By next year I expect it will be mostly rock and keep out everything but built rigs (Ie locked, 35"+ and armour).

Must get some sliders!

Dorian

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ps - Let me know when you are thinking of going Sonny

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
To all that are considering this trail, I would get on it this year. There are no drainage ditches on most of the way down and the trail is basically turning it into a river. I used both lockers a few times in my heavy 'cruiser going out. By next year I expect it will be mostly rock and keep out everything but built rigs (Ie locked, 35"+ and armour).
LMAO!

How many years have you been going in there? Its absolutely gotten much easier over the last 5 years!

On Friday we took a JK 2dr X in there, only mods were some 33" Trxus and a 4:1 t-case. No lockers, made it up and out without much issue.

The erosion of the soil from the road is making it easier. No muck to slick up the rocks when crawling out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cool - I had a jk X model with a rock-trac and 33's too. I didn't really need lockers on that rig either. Of course, it was 2000lbs lighter, had more clearance and had almost double the low range.

There's a difference between clearance issues and traction issues. And ya that was my first time there, but I've been wheeling a few times before:poke:

Guess what I'm trying to say is that those with Stock-ish rigs should go sooner than later. There are areas, for example the steps above Starvation, that used to be doable in a stock vehicle, couple years later it's not.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: easier

Ps - didn't I see a write up of a stock second gen Explorer making it through the trail few years ago? I'd love to see that now!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.