BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is a better choice ? 4 or 6 inch suspension lift, I am going to lift my YJ in the next week or so.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Plan ahead!!!!
What tires are you planning? 33? 35? 40? width?
Are you going to swap axles? If so what bolt pattern?
What type of wheeling do you plan?
Does a high centre of gravity bother you?
Is it going to be a dd or mostly off road?

Now is the time to pick a route. Look at all the options and find what will work best for you and your budget.
Don't forget that the lift is only the first step and cost of any project.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with a 4 inch Procomp Lift, but with that lift I now have to change the rear end, cause the stock one just isnt that great, which means a ford 8.8 will be best. then you have to raise the transmission up, but in order to do that you need a slip yoke elminator. so 4 or 6 is your preference, but if you think you can just put the lift in and go, your mistaken. Its alot of work, but its worth it, in the long run!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Basically with both lifts,

You will need:

-The lift kit
-Slip Yoke Eliminator kit
-New rear CV driveshaft
-Brake line adjustments (if you dont get any with the kit)

I also hope your YJ has power steering.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you're going big enough to start needing SYE's and driveshafts etc, you'll be way better off just going SoA to start with. If it were me, I'd go 2" sus and 2" body/TJ flares if you need to fit the tires or SOA with highsteer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.