BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out ther swapped in a solid axle from a 70's ford into an 80's ford 1/2ton. can you let me know what kind of problems wher had and if there was any additional lift with just using the stock coils . I am thinking of doing this in my 83 bronco.

------------------
1983 BRONCO 3" BODY LIFT 33 12.50 351 WITH EDELBROCK PERFORMER

·
Registered
95 Posts
I will be doing the same at the end of summer. I know a guy who has done it in his ranger. looks good. And I read in a magazine it gives you 4" lift. But thats a bit much I think. But yea what kind of axle you going to throw under??

------------------
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

WHEN IN DOUBT GAS IT OUT

·
Registered
228 Posts
I put a '70 Bronco Dana 44 in the front of my Exploder. It's definitely doable. I had Al at 4offrd do mine. Great job, looks factory.

Cheers

Dale

------------------

1992 Ford Exploder
6" lift, solid Dana44, 33's

"Soccer mom's car on 'roids"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of putting in a solid 44 if i can find one complete with radius arms. And then do a shackle reverse in the rear if the solid axle gives enough lift

------------------

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey d stuart well how much first. And im a long way from delta but i got abud that drives truck and will be coming up this way now and then . So maybe and what gears are in

------------------

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey mr Stuart this is james with the white and black F 150, what do you want for the front end. My buddie has a Ranger and I sawped in a Jeep Dana 30 into the front but now with a 302 and 38`s it wont stand up anymore so we are gona throw a 44 in there in the next week or 2, and I my self am interesed because im Picking up a new project on saturday, 86 Ranger ext cab short box 2 wd for 300 bux, with papers and in decent shape. and for another 300 I get the 302 and c4 that is sitting in the frame. Any ways I need a c6 and a tranfer case , full size dana 44 front and a full size 8.8 rear. its gona rip, coils all the way around 302 4.56 gears and 39.5 swampers...sexy

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes its chris`s Rick, and what did you do rick . Hey guess what I got a Dana 70 for the ranger so anyways mr stuart how much for the Dana 44 and do you have and trannys and tranfer cases laying around,, all i need is tranny tranfer and front diff, not set on auto or stick, what ever comes around that I cant pass up

------------------
White F 150, Long box, Solid axle Front, 14`` Suspension lift, 39.5 Swampers, 1179 RTI------ UNDER CONSTRUCTION 86 Ranger Extcab, 302 v8 Dana 70 rear (full width)Dana 44 front(full width) Spooled front and rear, 4 corners on coils, undetermined lift height, Will roll on 38.5 or 39.5 Swampers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.