BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '94 F150 has the full auto 4x4 system. I was wondering how difficult it would be to switch to manual hubs (would the Warn hubs be a good plan to switch to?) and also, if i did, would it mess-up the 'push button' 4x4 and low-range.:confused:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see. but what my potential problem is, because it's newer, everything's electronic. So i'm worried that if the electronic hubs aren't where they're supposed to be, something's going to be missing from the circuit, and the T-case won't engage 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Shouldn't be anything electrical in the hubs. My ol' man bust an auto hub (in the snow). I got a set of regular hubs & convertion kit. Didn't even need the convertion kit. Super easy swap and WAY cheaper than the factory auto hubs.
His truck is a '96 F-150.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh. there's a welcome change. ("should be really easy")

Boy that's nice to hear.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the electronic push button 4x4 switches as well and I swaped to manual hubs. Everything works the same as with the automatic hubs, except now you have to go out and lock the hubs. My manual hubs broke while wheeling and was stuck with rear wheel drive only.

·
Registered
189 Posts
hub swap

you will need 2 seperate (special sockets)
that are available from pretty much any where
the one for the auto hubs will be used once to remove said item after that it's will take up space in your tool chest someone should have one you can use i gave mine away the manual one you will need to keep
it's an easy swap also you can get the manual hubs from a wrecker cheap just get the thrust washers and bearings lock nuts etc that are on the axle/spindle good luck you won't need it

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking of getting the warn premium hubs. They look like they should turn 37's will minimal strain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts