BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got most of my parts for my 350 swap in to my runner today! bought a engine, 203 transfer case and a turbo 350 tranny! hope to have the engine in by this weekend!!!! i very excited! good by 4 banger!! thanks again for your help callan!

·
Registered
108 Posts
What do you figure your total cost was for the engine and all the needed parts-
My engine just blew and Iam considering a 350 swap. Any info would be awesome!
Thanks Alot-Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
make me an offer on the pld engine it is a 22re? i think, it is coming out of a 86 runner. the motor has 225km's no rebuild but still runs really strong!! no blue smoke, just a little lifter noise!
total cost.
engine-$440
t-case(203) and tranny(turbo350)-$300
rad-$50
hugger headers-$175
shift kit-$150
exhaust-$300
labor-$700?
slush fund-$100(odds and ends)
ruff guess in to it for around 2100 bucks, i tried to guess a like high!! i'm getting the motor swap done by a guy in winfeild that is trying to start is own 4x4 shop
hope that helps!

·
Registered
416 Posts
So you found an Rad all ready.Sh** that didn't take long.Let me know when he starts might go over to check out the work in progress.

------------------
86 4-runner 305,TH350,203,threelink front,6inch skyjacker rear.5.29s,lockers and more to come if I can save the money

·
Registered
108 Posts
Iam trying to decide between a 350? and a 22r?
Were did you locate all these parts?and did you have to pull the engine yourself(the 22r) or was that included in the labour?
Sorry about all the questions and thanks for the info!
Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio

·
Registered
416 Posts
The pulling of the 22re would be included in the labour.Easier to hook up toy wiring to chevy if you know what is what.Motor Mudrunner found on here.Trans and transfercase we stoped buy a guys place that I got my trans ant t-case from and he was just pulling them out(he buy chevs and parts them out).I would go with the 350,305 or 4.3L

------------------
86 4-runner 305,TH350,203,threelink front,6inch skyjacker rear.5.29s,lockers and more to come if I can save the money

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dude, what the guys name in Winfield? Is it John? E-mail me if it is. I have got some horror stories about him.

I got a buddy with a 350 big block he has to get rid off. I also have the 350 and tranny out of the 87 Impala to get rid off, unless someone wants the whole car?

------------------
TOY`s Phoenix Gold Car Audio webpage

Hmm, after posting it sounds like Callan is doing the work?

[This message has been edited by Toyrantula (edited January 02, 2002).]

·
Registered
416 Posts
No I'm not doing the work and it is not John. I just knew the information so I posted it because the guy (Chris) swapped a 305 into my truck.Do you mean Honest John that owns the car lot in Winfield.

------------------

·
1,269 Posts
Guessing on shop labor is a risky business dude

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
callan i do not have a rad i just through in a #. did you talk to any body witha rad for sale? you also said a water pump? i will call you tonight callan!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sleeping and missed your call.You need a shorty water pump and also an electric fan. Should maybe go out to pick a part and look around for both.Cheapest way to get these items.

------------------

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pick your part in Kelowna has lots of electric fans in various sizes and shapes. Won't be hard to find one. I wouldn't use a used water pump though, you can buy them new for not much $$$ and do you really want to replace your recently installed 350 due to a malfunctioning waterpump ??? congrats on your swap.

------------------
if it ain't broke, you don't go hard enough!

·
Registered
108 Posts
mudrunner-
Thanks for all the info regarding the swap but I have decided to stay purely toyota. Besides I dont need that kind of power around here cause there is no mud-just rocks which the 22r seems to do great on.
Thanks again for your help!
Brett

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah I was still asleep when I posted about the water pump I meant you could get an rad an fan at pick a part.Hey mudrunner if you want to maybe go out to pick a part I will join you,I need to look for another electric fan for my runner.

------------------

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
callan i talked to a buddy that works at a rad shop and he said that my stock rad should work? i think i will give i a shot. i will replace the hoises though. i will call you latter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.