BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my uncle today who works for forestry doing road deactivation. We were driving up to Whistler and when I asked him if he had ever been up the Swift creek road he said yes and that it is slated for deactivation next week. Now that may only mean crossditching as there are different levels of deactivation so that is what I'm hoping for. But the last time I was up there I did not see much timber left worth taking so you never know. Also he said the bridge on the way up the Indian arm road about half way there if you took the left turn at the bottom of the hill, I believe he call it the Mez lilloet line has been rated for zero load because it has a crack in it. After they just spent some time deactivating the road past it with nice big ditches. He did not know if would be replaced or blocked off. He said it is a joke though as the hoe went across fine. So if you have some free time go for what could be one last spin on these trails.

Mike.

------------------
85 LWB Flatdeck, No spin/True trac, 33's, 5.29's, chevys, transfercase E brake, bushwacker cut outs, boxliner paint job.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back from the Swift creek trail. There was a sign at the bottom that said road permanently deactivated. But it was fine and fairly easy. Although I did manage to get stuck in a mud hole, sitting on the frame with a big rock under the transfer case crossmember. Nothing like jacking your truck up in the pouring rain standing in mud. I'll post pics as soon as I get that damn scanner.

Mike.

------------------
85 LWB Flatdeck, No spin/True trac, 33's, 5.29's, chevys, transfercase E brake, bushwacker cut outs, boxliner paint job.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by MEK:
I did manage to get stuck in a mud hole, sitting on the frame with a big rock under the transfer case crossmember. Nothing like jacking your truck up in the pouring rain standing in mud. I'll post pics as soon as I get that damn scanner.

Mike.
Sounds like you had an interesting trip
Look forward to seeing pics. Scanners are getting pretty cheap these days

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya well my birthday is coming real soon and I've dropped enough hints that my wife should have realized by now...

Mike.

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Ya well my birthday is coming real soon and I've dropped enough hints that my wife should have realized by now...

Mike.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sleeping most of the day Saturday (nightshift) and then my wife is off Sun/Mon and since she is 5 months pregnant she gets a little upset if I take off on her. Do you have a trip planned around Squamish? Maybe I could convince her to ride along on Sunday.

Mike.

------------------

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have a trip planned around Squamish? Maybe I could convince her to ride along on Sunday.
No, sorry, I was hoping you would have some good ideas for around squamish. and usally sundays i can't make it out. my only really free day is sat.
well, maybe next time, or if yo think of anything for a sat, let me know.

thanks,

ollie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts