BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering other than moving my mounts what all will i have to do to replace my NP 203 with a NP 205? The 205 is set up for my transmission already, so i know that is done with. what are the dimension differnces? how much will i need to add/remove from my drive line length? any info is good info. Thnaks. Grant.

------------------
I am looking for a Dana 60 and a Dana 70 for my truck. got one? let me know.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can't help you too much with the t-case info but in your sig you mention you're looking for a Dana 60 and Dana 70 for your truck...A Dana 70 does not bolt up easily to your truck, however a 14 bolt FF would probably do just nicely. It'll bolt right up (provided you find the 3/4 ton version)and they're cheap.

Rene

------------------
God hates a coward!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Your rear shaft will have to be longer, and the front will have to be shorter. By how much, I don't know. It depends on what yokes and year your np205 and adapter are.

All NP203's I've seen use a flanged front output, where as NP205's use either flange OR a yoke. You can't make one fit the other, you need a different shaft. The rear can be yoke or slide-in as well.

Once you have it installed, take a measurement from the front and rear and hit the used-parts yards. Find a shaft where your measurement corresponds to the mid-point of its travel. You can get u-joints to adapt most yokes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts