BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know of a T-case with a passenger side output to fit a 95 4.3l with auto tranny?

thanks
:cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
NP208, 81-88 full size Chev with solid front axle, NP241 89-91 fullsize Chev with the solid front axle. Both should bolt right up to the tranny with the same adaptor, the generic round 6 bolt style.

The 208 would be the easiest to find...

Rene

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
How about a 4.3 Vortec, standard trany, and pass. side front output T-case. What T case should I use???

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: $$

Rosie said:
thanks dude

anybody know what a used 208 is worth?
Used 208's usually go cheap, they are plentiful. I recently bought a 241 which is similar for $200, but I could probably find a 208 for less.

Rene

·
Registered
350 Posts
MudKick said:
How about a 4.3 Vortec, standard trany, and pass. side front output T-case. What T case should I use???
I am not sure. If it's like most other GM standards it would have a 32 spline output though. I really don't know enough about the S-10 standard tranny to do more than guess though.

Personally I would score a SM465/205 or 208 from a fullsize truck and use that though. It should bolt right up to the 4.3 and would be passenger side drop.

Rene

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Thank you. That helps. I am new to this chevy thing so excuse my Newbie-like questions.
Just to clatify: I am seriously concidering a 4.3/ Standard chev tranny in my sidekick. I am running 5.88's in my D44's and the stock 4 banger just does not cut it.

One more question: what is the low range reduction in these T-cases?

·
Registered
350 Posts
No problem on the newbie q's...I would be the same with a Suzuki.:*******

NP 208...2.61:1 low range
NP 241...2.72:1 low range
NP 205...1.96:1 low range (but bombproof)
NP 231...2.72:1 low range

SM 465...6.55:1 first gear, 1:1 4th
S-10 5 speed, approx 4:1 first

With the deep gears and light weight I'd look at keeping the 5 speed and finding a passenger side drop 231 (Dodge application maybe?) You can swap input gears from the current T-case (Chev 231) to the passenger side drop one. The 4.3 is gonna hate spinning the big R's with 5.88's, you'll need the overdrive for sure!

Rene

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
MudKick said:
The S-truck manual tranny has an integral 5-bolt pattern for the transfer case (can't use a 6-bolt 208/241). The best way out of this is to use a manual trans and tranny from a full-size... or go auto.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Rosie said:
anybody know of a T-case with a passenger side output to fit a 95 4.3l with auto tranny?

thanks
:cool:
Better narrow down your search to a 90-91 NP241 from a fullsize Blazer/Jimmy or Suburban. Reason being the '95 computer will want to see an electronic speedo sensor.

I battled this issue a long time on an 87 K30 that a friend of mine was repowering with a 98 Vortec engine. It was the only solution we could come up with.

Also get a 6-bolt t-case adapter to go with it. The 5-bolt one from a S-truck won't work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts