BC 4x4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install a device to deter tail gaters following my vehicle unsafely? Let's say some douche bag is following me really close. Can I impale their radiator or disable their vehicle with a car tazer? I'm getting really frustrated with arse crusty morons disrespting my right to travel in a safe manner on public roads. I have the baby on board sticker but still their are too many impatient fuktards trying my patience. I drive +10 over the limit, go with the flow, don't tailgate and quite courteous because I respect other people.

Can I rig up something?

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I pedal my accelerator to the floor briefly . The cloud of black stinky diesel smoke gets them off my tail real quick. Got to love naturally aspirated diesels. It takes a few minutes for accelerator movement to get to the wheels but it goes immediately to the exhaust. :clown

·
Registered
944 Posts
The best thing I do to get rid of tail gaters is to pull over and let them pass me. Pretty simple. I'm happy because they aren't right on my ass, and they are happy too, so win-win. Like wise when I am trying to do 80 in an 80 zone and a tourist can't do over 60 because they don't know the highway, I really wish they would pull over and let me get by.

But if you want a truly evil device, rig up a box with a trap door that will dump out 5 lbs of roofing nails.

·
Registered
66 Posts
But if you want a truly evil device, rig up a box with a trap door that will dump out 5 lbs of roofing nails.
or a modified version of the drive on car ramps for doing oil changes etc. modify it to be taller, and drop it offset to one side of the vehicle. roll em right into the ditch if you do it right :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
hahaha my buddy's got a smoooky 6.5 and smokes people out when they tailgate him. I'd love to do that! I've just got 2 brriiight ass lights mounted by my licence plate, and if someones riding my ass, and I dont feel like brake checking them, I throw the lights on. They're right at eye height for cars...

·
Following in the footprints of BC's history
4,911 Posts
I just slow down even more to piss them off. They can tailgate me all they want, regardless of what happens it'll be their fault. LR

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Or ya'll can just move over and let them pass. That's what I found to be easiest when i'm being tail gated.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
If someone wants to look at their reflection in my big chrome bumper then good on them. At that point I can't see them behind my 1T truck anyway.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
joe.." hey that ones got a baby inside sticker" bob..." DAMN IT.. cant ram that one "

if someonme wants too travel faster than you... who are you tooo say they cant???? let them pass... easy for everyone and u'll prolly get a wave not a finger for doin 60 in a 80, 80 in a 90 etc etc

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Can I install a device to deter tail gaters following my vehicle unsafely? ..... because I respect other people.

Can I rig up something?
I would suggest that the above statement is not respectful...pull over let em by,

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't think endangering someones life by staying only milliseconds behind them has anything to do with a persons right to drive faster. (Never mind the law breaking involved with that) I've got no problem with speeders but if you're gonna sit on my ass you're not gonna get what you want. It's my right to drive the speed limit (and I DO stick to the slow lane) and there's nothing that says I need to pull over to suit your need for speed.

EDIT: Meanwhile, elsewhere on the internet: http://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/970780/Try+this/

·
Registered
123 Posts
Water tank, hose and an electric pump.

fix water tank to vehicle, fill with water, fix water pump to vehicle and connect switch on the dash route hose out the back and pointed up.

Get a tailgater flip the switch on the dash pumping water onto the windshield of the car behind. It'll piss them off more AND make them back off....

Get a bumper sticker "back off or I'll piss on you..."

I also find on a bright sunny day when I'm ripping down the free way, excessivly washing my windshield also seems to work.
Older model cherokees with a rear window wiper has it built in already! Just remove the hose going to the washer arm. Mine would piss about 8 feet at a red light. It was even better if they were in a convertible.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What I like to do when somebody is tailgating me in my truck is 1) blow a big cloud of black smoke on them out of the dual exhaust so they get it really good, 2) grab my brake controller a couple times which activates my brake lights and watch them back off real quick...after a few times of this they usually realize you are not slowing down when your brake lights come on...this is when you do the real brake check and scare the shit out of them when you actually do slow down. 3) or if I feel like being a nice guy I will pull over and let them pass. Whenever possible and if there drivers window is open I will pull over to the left lane so they pass me on the right side...Ive got train horns mounted on my passenger side frame rail right at ear height for your average car. I just give them a little toot and a friendly wave right as they pass by.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Sorry, I don't mean to tailgage, it just happens.

·
Registered
351 Posts
. . .heck, do what you want. Feel free to pay my new rear end.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wish I could still say I wouldnt' care if someone hit me, as its their fault bla bla.. but since ICBC is so useless I do care.

I was rear-ended by a guy that let off his brake at a light while txting, and coasted into me. Now its been a month and a half and ICBC still claims it 'cant get ahold' of the other partys, so Im going to have to pay a $500 deductible on my $1300 pay out.

Anybody remember the Red Green show when they rigged up a spraypaint/stencil combo that would drop down and spray paint 'Back Off" on the persons hood?? It was activated by a series of strings and pulleys that went through the drivers side window. That was a long time ago lol

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would suggest that the above statement is not respectful...pull over let em by,
How do you figure? I am respectfully driving going with the flow of traffic. Why do I need to pull over and let them by on a single lane road with a doublle yellow center line? Are they the fucking Pope or someone esle really special?

I prefer to pull over and let them by when there is the opportunity, lets say the highway or two lane road.

Anyway I am thinking of 1/4" ball bearings firing with around 150psi going through their radiator. I like the roofing nails but why punish the innocent. Maybe a spike strip I can drop in front of their car at the light and then I pull away and they get four flats with a note saying "tail gate and deflate"! Squid ink spray. Dog shit composte spray. Skunk bombs. Rotten fish bombs...

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
How do you figure? I am respectfully driving going with the flow of traffic. Why do I need to pull over and let them by on a single lane road with a doublle yellow center line? Are they the fucking Pope or someone esle really special?

I prefer to pull over and let them by when there is the opportunity, lets say the highway or two lane road.

Anyway I am thinking of 1/4" ball bearings firing with around 150psi going through their radiator. I like the roofing nails but why punish the innocent. Maybe a spike strip I can drop in front of their car at the light and then I pull away and they get four flats with a note saying "tail gate and deflate"! Squid ink spray. Dog shit composte spray. Skunk bombs. Rotten fish bombs...
its time to stop being a bitch on the internet and put your plans to action.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts