BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed a dana 60/cross over swap into my 68 K20, err now k 30 but now my PS system is strained to the max when Im in 4x4 because I cheaped out and welded the diff. I would like to know if anyone on here has drilled and tapped a 2wd sigsaw style steering box. I am going to mount a ram down on the diff going either to the tie rod or the drag link, haven't decided which yet but i am leaning towards the draggling because its D.O.M. Ive looked on line and found a few write ups but nothing specific on my application, has anyone here done this before?

·
Registered
20 Posts
100% put the ram on the tie rod, you don't want the strain on the sector shaft, the ram also doubles as a steering stabilizer. You will probably bend the shit out of the stock tie rod (not sure though)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya thats what I was planning on doing i have to complete my hi steer, anyone else have any info on this any tips or trick on taping a steering box?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've done it a couple times. pretty easy. I can do yours if you like. If your local to me I guess. Shop is in Richmond and home is in Surrey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts