BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by supersportsedan:
hey that part# you displayed for the toyota starter contacts.... was that for a 22re or v6?
That part number he displayed fix my starter motor on a 22r and I would guess that a 22re would have the same starter but don't quote me on that...

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
it's never let me down EVER or should i say until my wife drove in!!
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I can't remember if Tarzan mentioned this, but you can get teh same contacts at Lordco for something like $2.00 for the pair.

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE, stock and slow for now...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by burnt03:
I can't remember if Tarzan mentioned this, but you can get teh same contacts at Lordco for something like $2.00 for the pair.

yah he did... but lordco won't know which contacts you want unless you give them the specific part number. I went in yesterday and the chick at the counter could only offer me a piece for my starter which was a larger circular piece of metal with the contacts mounted on it... and it was like 27 bucks!

idunno...
then I found tarzan's part# and called, and that's the one that was like, 3 bucks.
so i'm just wondering if that part# will work for my starter (22re)

·
Registered
277 Posts
hey this will help you out I just got the other pair out of my glovebox here is the part number for lordco

wilson parts
45-29-6521 contact set I would buy two set for the heck of it they only cost me for the 2 sets 6.65 at lordco in pitt meadows
hope this helps you out

sean

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy

·
Registered
802 Posts
The 22R, 22RE, and 3.0 V6 starters all use the same contacts.

Toyota lists 28226-72040 for the battery-side contact, and 28226-72010 for the motor-side contact.

The battery-side contact is thicker; is there a difference with the Wilson contacts?

------------------
Greg Sue
85 Toyota X-cab
http://media-north.com/4wd/

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by Greg:
The 22R, 22RE, and 3.0 V6 starters all use the same contacts.

Toyota lists 28226-72040 for the battery-side contact, and 28226-72010 for the motor-side contact.

The battery-side contact is thicker; is there a difference with the Wilson contacts?
if there is I can't see it just opened the pack and laid side by side and I can't see any difference in them well maybe just a slite diference but only if you run you're finger over them you can feel a slite increase in size..

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well today, me and caltow just whipped the starter out and I got me some of those ones from lordco, and they looked the same to us, so we slapped those dogs in there, cleaned up the plunger, and she works like a charm... booyah

·
Registered
277 Posts
well today, me and caltow just whipped the starter out and I got me some of those ones from lordco, and they looked the same to us, so we slapped those dogs in there, cleaned up the plunger, and she works like a charm... booyah
glad to hear you're up and running again. it's amazing how a simple part that someone on the BBS tell us about fixes the starter and it only cost at the most 3.00 and if you took that starter in too get repaired it would have cost you about 80.00. where can someone justify the price in that..
I know I don't like being ripped off.

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy

[This message has been edited by udermind? (edited January 20, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by udermind? (edited January 20, 2002).]

·
Registered
45 Posts

Thanks for overseeing the project and holding the light for me Paul!!! HAahahahahhaa, just kidding.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by caltow:

Thanks for overseeing the project and holding the light for me Paul!!! HAahahahahhaa, just kidding.
I'd just like to say that caltow's a real sweetheart sometimes....
but seriously folks... he's a good guy

·
Registered
376 Posts
Boy am I a day late and a dollar short! Sorry I did not see this till today, I have been busy montoring the Eagle Ridge thing. Glad to see you got it all figured out, Toyota wants $24 each for the contacts thought they do come with washers and insulators but that stuff never wears out. If you really are cheap or stuck you can swap the contacts as they wear on one side only and reversing them will probably work great for quite a while.

------------------
Me Tarzan u ? Favorite tool?
Monkey wrench!
I am the original shade tree mechanic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.