BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friends got a 93 1500 and he poor but wants to run 33. he herd that if he put a 1ton tortion bar he would get 2" of life is that true

------------------
94 f150 6in lift 35" bfg ex-cabshort box 5L

·
Registered
391 Posts
He could just crank up his half ton bars and probably get 2", but it would wear his balljoints badly(there a pain to swap every couple months)it would put his steering links at bad angles probably causing his wheels to point inward when in 4wheeldive(mine did), it would ride like crap and doing that limits(if not eliminate) downward suspension travel.I wouldnt do it.(Again
)

I dont think he'd be able to get 33's under it with only 2" anyway, not without some fender trimming. Just my opinion

·
Registered
600 Posts
He should be able to run 285/75R16 on THE STOCK RIMS without rubbing with a little t-bar crank. He will not be able to on other rims that are not STOCK.

go to the GM-fullsize board at www.off-road.com and look around. There's gotta be 20 or so guys running that combo on late model chevies

------------------
1978 GMC 3/4T 350/465/205 dents scratches some mods and 265/75/16 BFG M/T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.