BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the current Fourwheeler so I could vote for Ryeguy's BlazerMog in the Top Truck Challenge. I hope YOU do so as well!!

While I was perusing through the magazine, I saw a close-up of the cover truck's steering linkage. Besides having a z-bend drag link with a lot of angle, they were also running a track bar in the opposite direction to the drag link. Now, correct if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't that make bump steer even worse??? If anything, they should've had the track bar running parallel to the drag link, especially with that much angle.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'd have to agree about running the steering stuff paralell to each other. Fact is tho , steering is always kinda overlooked and ppl dont know the real dangers of a butchered steering setup ! I see it all too often. Ask ppl about doin a reverse cut 60 and they can give u every lil detail. Engine ? no probs, suspension, sure, thats easy. Steering ????? Oh-oh !!!!

------------------
ZookPower

·
1,269 Posts
You mean that big Tundra with the 44 up front? I noticed his funky blue steering right away too. That thing is probably a speed-bump wheeler anyways, it doesn't look like it sees alot of trail time.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
You mean that big Tundra with the 44 up front? I noticed his funky blue steering right away too. That thing is probably a speed-bump wheeler anyways, it doesn't look like it sees alot of trail time.
Yeah, that's what it was, a Tundra. I couldn't remember the name. Oh, and that D44!! After spending all that time/money on paint and lift and tires, WHY a D44 with tires that size??? Should've had a D60 at least.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
to address the bump steer problem the guy might have added the hydro steering. i am not too sure but doesn't hydro steer stop any sort of bump steer????

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA w/ tuff country springs, np435, twin sticked d20, d44, 9", detroits f+r, hi steer...and a autometer/CJ dash!!!

·
1,269 Posts
He does have a hydro-assist setup of some sort. Not sure what it does for bumpsteer though.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry I haven't looked at the Tundra yet I bought the magazine to vote for Ryeguy's Blazer/mog. Never voted before but after seeing pictures on bc4x4 I have to. That thing is ridiculous....I love it!

------------------
97 ram 1500 swb.3" w/35"at. 4.56 w/rear detroit

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Larry should have said "in" not "on". He's talking about the Tundra in the Trucks from Florida section.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts