BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to kill some time , what is the best 4x4 chevy you ever had???

mine was and is a blazer fullsize, ive had 13 of them, and 1 suburban 4x4.
i traded my suburban for a flatdeck car hauler, to a guy in langley.
thought i saw it on highway 1 one day, all painted green, same dent in bumper.
man that truck guzzled, ha ha ha.
my blazer now is on propane, but thats just cuz i bought it that way.

blazer, crew cab, extended cab, reg cab, suburban???
year??? motor??? tranny ??? case???
tires???
whats your best youve had to date????
is it the one you have now???

seriuosly im curious about what works and what dosnt???

thanks

richard

------------------
no fakin, frontin, perpetratin, alwaaaaays keepin it real!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my best i could think of in my price range would be,

91 blazer 454 big block (maybe 396 for nostalgia sounds cool)

44 inch boggers, 14 bolt detroit rear, dana 60 front arb air locked, th400 trans, 205 transfer, possibly frame stack lift.

for starters

------------------
no fakin, frontin, perpetratin, alwaaaaays keepin it real!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
hey 79 blazer. im new here, but i luv my 88 crewcab 1ton 4x its got a 454 400hp 500ftlbs of torqe,of course the dana 60 up front 14 bolt in back,205 th400,in my opinion this does all i need it to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
454, th400, 205, 14 bolt, dana 60, yep got all the goodies for sure , he he he

------------------
Education is an admirable thing.
But is is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is the best Chevy I've ever had but
its time to move on. So here goes.

76 GMC Jimmy
350 4 bolt main
Holly carb
Edelbrock intake
rv cam
Headman headers
HEI ignition
TH 350 trannie with b&m shift kit
NP 205 trans. case
12 bolt rear with detroit
Dana 44 front
Spicer u-joints and yokes
36.5" tires
4" lift
3" body lift
triple steering stablizer shocks
CB radio
Clarion CD player
JBL 6x9's
Line-X bedliner through whole truck
on board welder
custom rear bumper with hitch & tire rack
lights
steering box re-enforced
aircared
no rust

$5990 o.b.o.

call Vince 604-594-8898
email [email protected]

for picks check my link under truck pics, Vinces truck
Theres been a few changes since the pics.

------------------
76 Jimmy 4" lift,3" body lift, 36.5" tires,lights and other great stuff.
www.teamrush.web.com

·
Registered
391 Posts
The best one I ever had is my current rig, but my family has had lots of great Chevys. My dad had an '79 1/2 ton short box that we drove for 8 years through some pretty knarly mud every spring tryin to get up to our house (we lived up in the bush). My grandpa had two old blazers one '70, one '71 both in mint shape. I think those things are the best looking trucks the general ever made. He sold them for nothing, man I wish I could get my hands on one of them now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, them 69-72 blazers are real nice, they cost more now then they did in 72, and now they need alot of work.

i had a 74 and no matter what i did to strenghten the body, it seemed loose, like the window frame moved when you opened the doors, and parking with one tire on a curb, the doors wouldnt close right, it was a fulltop convertible of course.
i dont know if they are all like that but mine was too bad, i had to get rid of it, after i put a baby quad 89 gmc front clip on it too.

wish i had my clip back now.

richard

------------------
Do not be led astray by a false sense of honour--
a thing which often brings men to ruin when they are faced with an obvious danger that somehow affects their pride.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Do I even need to say anything

------------------
90 Sub,496BBC,d60,14b,detroits f+r, 44 boggers,th400,np205,insane ,warn15000,balls of steel

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really like what I've got now, although it needs some work. The best truck I've ever had was a 67 chev 3/4 ton 4x HO 283 (350hp) 7.50 16s That closed housing front end was bullet proof. I never found anywhere around Duncan that truck wouldn't go. My ex has a photo off a jump 10 feet in the air. Sprung kinda stiff though.

------------------
Chris 81 Jimmy conv. 77 GMC cab, custom shorty box, no lift, BFG A/T 9.5 33's, primer grey red hood Its ugly but it gets me where I need to go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think all the chevy guys would rather be doing somehing else than sitting on the computer, cuz when im out i see chevys galore, and i come on here and no ones posted anything, but every other catagory has posts.
ha ha ha, and whats with that guy that always says my 2cents, ha ha ha, just kidding it just came to mind, i almost wrote that but some guy on bc4x4 always says that and i dont wanna steal his sthickt

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Blazer I have right now...pic in the back of the current Can4x4 magazine. Best 4x4 (Chevy or not) I've owned. And the Comanche it replaced was certainly a tough act to follow.

--Rob

·
Registered
35 Posts
82 f/s jimmy/454/t350/208 transfer case/3" suspension/3" body/duel exhaust/35" mudders/
14 bolt rear(locked by the govn't)/60 up front/4:11 gears/what sway bar did they come stock?/on board welder/o/b air/no carpet/caravan seats/rock lights/every thang ya,every thang.

------------------
Northern Extream 4x4 Club
82 F/S jimmy w/454 big block
always get me on ch 37
"GO BIG OR GO HOME"

·
Registered
145 Posts
my truck i have know is my fav. 1980 chevy short box. ramps over 730 on a 30 degree ramp.

steve

------------------
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is gonna sound lame....
1984 ex cab short box 2.8L S10 4x4 5 speed.

BONE STOCK

It was my dads and it went everywhere I could go in my 74 gmc full time 4x4 and everywhere all my friends went in their modified trucks. He still to this day really rubs it in even though his current 99 crew cab duelly sucks off road.

------------------
Loose nut behind the Wheel

·
Registered
608 Posts
1983 GMC s15 ext-cab
350, 5-speed, 8" SFA lift, 3" body
33" BFG (38" in near future)

This is my present truck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts