BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

I was talking with the my brother the other day, whos a major SUV enthusiast, and he was telling me about this new car thats coming out thats said to be the next big thing. Its called the Axiom and its by Isuzu. Its a Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle, that is really powerfull and nice to look at. Theres actually some pics up and a killer specs page at www.isuzuaxiom.com. Check it out and let me know whatyou guys think. I think Im ready for a test drive. Hehe.

·
Registered
382 Posts
two words..... IFS = POS
If you work for market research at Isuzu ,like I think you do, tell the engineers and middle manager whatevers that you report to to get off their collective asses and bring a real , solid front axle, V6 powered LOW geared (like at least a 3.55:1 low range) SUV and X-cab pickup to market.....90% of the people on this board would gladly trade all the gimmicks and gizmo's from the Axiom for a real , capable vehicle.
If they need proof? Just look at Toyota (Face It, they are the benchmark that all Japanese SUV manufacturers are striving to match) Toyota is STILL riding on the coat-tails of the deserved reputation that they forged for reliability with their 1979-1985 solid axle trucks and 4-runners...They have sucked off road since 1986 and they still kick any Isuzu's ass.

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota
Soon to require a Mile -per - year speedometer http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by ChrisOlson:
two words..... IFS = POS
If you work for market research at Isuzu ,like I think you do, tell the engineers and middle manager whatevers that you report to to get off their collective asses and bring a real , solid front axle, V6 powered LOW geared (like at least a 3.55:1 low range) SUV and X-cab pickup to market.....90% of the people on this board would gladly trade all the gimmicks and gizmo's from the Axiom for a real , capable vehicle.
If they need proof? Just look at Toyota (Face It, they are the benchmark that all Japanese SUV manufacturers are striving to match) Toyota is STILL riding on the coat-tails of the deserved reputation that they forged for reliability with their 1979-1985 solid axle trucks and 4-runners...They have sucked off road since 1986 and they still kick any Isuzu's ass.
Ya! What he said!

------------------
Drive fast, take chances!
I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Originally posted by Paul:
Umm... that IS a wierd looking car but where do you get the tie in to Explorers?

It doesn't, he was just using the name of the best selling SUV in north america to try and get our attention to get free advertizing for what is obviously his job. and now that he has had his pee pee slapped he wont show his face againe. that and the small fact that what he is trying to do is called market manipulation and is unlawfull due to the fact that he is not declaring his true identity as a isuzu sales dork.

The fact that it just sucks [email protected] means he wasted our time.

Pat.

------------------
Pat "Mustang" Patterson
80 F250 open f/r 4.10:1 351M/?4spd/NP208 Mine
79 Bronco open f/Welded r 3.50:1 400M/C6/NP205 Wife's

·
Registered
127 Posts
THAT THING SUCKS
What killer specs sheet?
Ive seen more killer specs on my kids red wagon. The day i would own one of those is the day i DIE. Ill take an Explorer, 4runner, and even a s10 blazer any day over that. Well just my 2 cents. Go try to sell it to the 4x4 wannabes who never ever see gravel let alone dirt!

------------------
You either MAKE it or BRAKE it!!!! 38" SWAMPERS & 7" of lift Yahoo

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hey buddy, we hear about this stupis POS car every week There's always atleast one of you market researchers on here just to hear me say how ugly it is, but this time your getting some real input on how to make it more appealing to 4x4 enthusiasts. OK first off you put in it park and pull the e-brake and then watch me put a set of 33's and a Toyota on your Hood. It looks good now doesn't it. Hahahahahaha!

------------------
1981 Toyota, 33's, Slightly modified 22r and more plans than I can afford!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.