BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a buddy that has an 97 safari van that is awd, now he has been after me for a few years now to lift it for him. now that im on the ei race team i have some free time so we got started on it, and i just had to share it with you all becasue it is just too sweet not to:popcorn

before pic with 215/75r15 tires

then on the first weekend we did a rear 1inch block and turned up the t-bars

now from what everone online says you can only run 235/75r15 or 29s with a 3inch lift but we fit 31s

to do this we did a 2inch body lift for the front and a add a leaf in the back then pulled the front bumped cover off and trimmed and beat in the fenders a little. buddy has been driving it for a little bit and says it only rubs the tires on really big bumps so i will see if i can beat the fenders in a little more

more to come, like some front bumper work with a light bar and maybe a roof rack :*******

·
Registered
129 Posts
looks like fun... Is the T-case in that one a selectable one? I am pretty sure it wont be in which case it'll just have a viscous clutch in it for the system to work.. You will want to swap this out to a manual shift t-case asap... you'll burn the viscous clutch out in no time.. they aren't cheap..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya it has the full time awd tcase in, it will stay that way for now. he doesnt really plan on wheeling it, its more for getting to the bike trails and he works out in the oil rigs so the roads are bad. the next thing on the list is a front skid plate to cover the oil pan then like a said light bar, he really want to paint it flat black and more skulls.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UP DATE TIME :welder

started on the front skid plate today, still need to make one more mount for the center then cut holes for the oil filter and drain plug but ran out of time today

i welded it all the way around on the outside and stitch welded in on the inside in a few spots

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.