BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody notices how much the theft rate has grown over the last couple of months?
Seriously, there are sooo many posts of people who have gotten things ripped off (most from me of course).
There has to be something that can be done! The police don't do ANYTHING about vehicle break ins. There has to be a way to change it!
Tires, rims, stereos, cbs, backpacks, winches, anything those people can get there hands on. It's sick. I work 5 days a week to pay for that stuff and it's taken from me in a second! And where does it go?? Up somebody's nose or arm, it just makes me SO mad.
There has to be something that can control this growing rate of crime. It's starting to be way too easy for these criminals, the cops don't do anything so what should they be afraid of except the slight chance that the owner happens to come outside with a bat???
I would love to see some of these people get fines, jail time, or just the humiliation of being such a jerk.
Also, I am more than positive that there are people here that know people that do this stuff because there are a lot of younger people here (not stereotyping but be realistic). I would love for you to pass the message that if I EVER see somebody breaking in to a car, even if it's not mine, I will bash them and I don't care what happens to me, I am SICK AND TIRED of this $hit.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I know what you mean the cops don't care. When my truck was stolen they took the top off of it. Then when it came to ICBC buying a new top they got one and when I went and looked at it, to my surprise it was mine. So I informed the cops about it and they said they would find out who ICBC got it from and investigate. Pfffffff yeah right they didnt do jack ****. So maybe if the theives didnt get away scott free all the time things would change.

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
I never keep anything in my truck anymore, even tho' it's parked in a garage. Thieves have broken into it numerous times and have taken stuff but they have yet to touched my truck. If I ever catch one of these pieces of sh*t it won't be a pretty sight

·
Registered
325 Posts
When my truck got broken into, the guy took my 6x9's and cd player. Called the cops, they didn't give a rats ass about a week later I went and looked at a guy's toyota that i know to see his progress. two my suprise he had my 6x9's and sold the cd player to my cousins friend!!! He tried to blow it off like they were his but i had proof the stuff was mine and finally had to contact the police to get my stuff back. SO I guess you really can't trust anyone anymore though I like to try and do still i guess.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Convertable season. I leave my windows out of my Jeep all summer and the steel half doors I have do not even have a keyhole to lock them (old style YJ doors). No glass to break, no ICBC to deal with.
I leave nothing of value in it. Well that is not true, I have a small fortune in parts and junk in it, but nothing anyone would want to steal. Still even has the factory Jeep AM/FM cassette deck in it. Who would steal that?
A couple of nights ago someone went though it. And my Jeep was parked in the car port. They opened up the ash tray (ever put anything in a YJ ash tray? makes too much noise) and left my centre console open. Nothing to take. They even left the 4 quarters...

I am glad I was able to waste the guys time. I doubt if he will be back again as he got nothing the first time.

Wes

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you want thefts to decrease, you better start talking about legalizing drugs.
I work in Walley and not a day goes by that I don't see someone who can barely walk and string two words together try to pawn a garbage bag full of CD's and car radios.
It has become a tax on the rest of society. Insurance costs more, Policeing costs more, you have to pay the sir-charge of a car alarm and a club on the steering wheel just to be able to listen to a CD.
Maybe it is time to re-think this system. Turn it around. Sell dope cheap from a drug store that pays taxes and let the druggies stay permanently stoned instead of commiting crimes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I caught some goof trying to screwdriver into my truck. vigelante justice worked for me, but, I live in a really ******* neighbouhood...

The worst part was, I recognized him from my school.

And yes, he was a druggie.

·
1,269 Posts
The kid who stole my stuff will most likely only get charged with possession of stolen property approx. two years from now when it finally gets to court, where he'll get a gentle slap on the wrist. :mad:

·
Registered
382 Posts
a different take on this.

Think about this whole vigilante justice thing....... I catch some scrawny assed druggie going through my car......
I decide to get my justice on the spot... I smash his face with my fist...
IF in doing this I were to chafe my knuckles and get some of the theif/druggies blood on me there is a chance (however slim) that I could get Hepatitis (or worse..) from the Blood of this piece of human filth...
NO thanks!!!!

I gave up on thinking that the police have any interest in personal property recovery ( from theft/B+E.. etc. ) a long time ago.

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Re: a different take on this.

ChrisOlson said:
Think about this whole vigilante justice thing....... I catch some scrawny assed druggie going through my car......
I decide to get my justice on the spot... I smash his face with my fist...
If I catch anyone breaking into my truck or garage, it won't be my fist that the guy will meet, but my good friend Mr. Nine Iron :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: Re: a different take on this.

i peronally can't stand thieves, my jeep has been boken into once and 2 years ago my house was broken into too...thieves totally suck..if i ever get my hands on those little snots there going to get a nice beating...

anyone know how bad u can beat up the thief when u catch them?, last thing i want is to catch some little sh*t breaking into my jeep, beat the sh*t out of them and then haveing them charge me with assault..:confused:

allan

·
Registered
118 Posts
one of my fathers friends is a cop, now, I agree with pretty much everything that was said sofar, but, If you decide to go the vigilante justice route "Make sure the ****er dies, call it self defence or your in for jail time" (words from his mouth)

just my $0.02

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best story I know of was from a friend in Edmonton. He caught someone breaking into his Jeep but didn't want "blood on his hands" or an assault charge. He got the guy in a control hold on the ground, fished out his wallet and got his address and told the guy, "now I know where you live and you won't see it coming". After a few obvious slow drives by the guys house, he moved and was hopefully cured of his habit.

I never leave anything in my Jeep but on the one day I didn't pull the CB.....it gets ripped off from a place you wouldn't expect that sort of thing to happen. Thing is - it can and does. Take your stuff with you friends.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A friend bought a 88 Mustang, transferred it, insured it and drove it for almost half a year and then when pulled over the cops ran the vin and the car came up stolen. They took it and my bud has never seen and money/or the car again. Now I dunno but I think ICBC is the source of everyone's pain..

·
Registered
36 Posts
My jeep was broken into about 6 times in a year. The last time it happened, my neighbor caught him and quietly went home to grab his BFH!! Lets just say, that particular theif had some sore ribs and knee caps for a very long time. The sad part was when the cops came they knew the guy, he was greeted by first name. He was complaining to the cop about the hammer, but the cop kept saying, "Hammer, what hammer, I don't see any hammer!"

My jeep never got broken into again.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your basic theft from a parked vehicle picks my a$$ as much as the next guy but what really gets me is the common, kick em while they are down practice of completely destroying a broken down vehicle on the trail while the owner is off trying to deal with the problem. To me this happens far to often and in many cases in a disturbingly short time after the vehicle has been left to be limited to a small group of thieves. It has to be that a disturbingly large percentage (generalization) of the "fellow wheeler's" that you wave to on the trails and that most likely frequent boards such as this are involved in this practice.

·
Registered
192 Posts
--> Quad 'D'-cell Mag flashlight.

Do what the cops do and bring your flashlight in at night. If you catch someone, they get blinded, then beaten.

You can also pick up (or order) a hand-gun CO2-powered pellet gun from Home Hardware. These things are semi-auto, so you can peg the the guy continuosly.

Aim for the skull.

For the record, I'm not that violent, but living in Whistler, vigilante justice is the only thing to do. I've had friends who had $5000 mountain bikes stolen and then later in the week you see a hippy-dressed frenchman selling weed while riding around on the thing.

Trust me, the cops won't catch the thieves as fast as a louisville slugger will.

·
Registered
303 Posts
lord-wolf said:
one of my fathers friends is a cop, now, I agree with pretty much everything that was said sofar, but, If you decide to go the vigilante justice route "Make sure the ****er dies, call it self defence or your in for jail time" (words from his mouth)

just my $0.02
Actually, under Canadian law, you are entitled to use whatever force necessary to ensure someone you catch stealing your property is incapable of escaping. ie. citizens arrest.

Also, If he charges you w/ assault, it would be a counter-claim, and you could likely talk each side into dropping charges, since we all know the court system won't deter anything. At least this way, that ONE guy isn't likely to come back and burn you again.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
saxonthebeach said:

Actually, under Canadian law, you are entitled to use whatever force necessary to ensure someone you catch stealing your property is incapable of escaping. ie. citizens arrest.

Giving totally incorrect advice on a matter such as this is not good. You don't have the right to use whatever force is necessary to ensure someone you catch stealing your property is incapable of escaping.

Just so everybody understands, we understand the desire to vent frustrations on this BB, but let's please keep it based in responsible reality. Posting fantasy advice as if it was legal reality is ridiculous, giving advice on assaulting a theif is bad advice and puts this board in a bad spot. Can everyone please think a bit before posting. You are not anonymous and are responsible for what you say here. BC4x4 doesn't need any hassles.

Can we please move on?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts