BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always loved k5 blazers but dont know much about them. What years where they made? What are the stock axles/gears?

any info u guys got would be great. I am thinking about buying one for a camping rig. The jeep just dont have the storage room.

------------------
92 yj 2 inch body lift,lift shackles, 2.5 rancho lift springs running on 33's

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a chevy 4x4 lifted on 35s for sale cheap in the forsale section.. it also has a sleeper for camping and a canopy.. it would be the ultimate vehicle for camping.. just my .02 cents

------------------
81 3/4 ton chevy w/ 7" susp lift & 3" body lift
NEW 35" mud-terrains, pro-comp off-road lights
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<SPORTIN A CHEVY> <BeCaUsE Im SiLlY lIkE tHaT!!!>

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't list off all the specs of all the years, cause I don't really know them. But for $1000 I got my 77. Came with 3.73s, locking front 10 bolt, limited slip rear 12 bolt (I'm pretty sure its blown though, the limited slip I mean). 350 with a worn out tired TH350 tranny. AND LOTS OF BONDO!!!

I didn't know it was bondo until I started beating the body off road. Its all started chipping off it pieces, I swear I lost half a fender on one trip. But I didn't buy the thing for the body anyways. For $1000, its relatively cheap fun you can't beat. But fer camping you might want something a little less ugly than mine.

[This message has been edited by AJ (edited March 18, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a difference between a k5 blazer and a full size jimmy? Do they both have removable tops?

------------------

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Brent
Blazers were first built in 1969 and are known as 1st generation, In 1973 the 2nd generation Blazers came out with a new body style and more options. 1991 was the last year for the full size Blazer. Over the years they were available with different tops,engines and the body changed. After 72 the body changes were minor. Fuel injection became stock about 1/2 way through 87. Most parts from Chevy pick ups can be used on a Blazer.
Hope this was of some help.
Ken

------------------
Blazin Obsession

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Brent, I have a 79 Blazer K5 I have only had it for a couple of months but it is wicked!!! I don't know what the gears are but I run 33's with no power problems. I think the late 70 blazers came with full time 4X4 which sucks! Mine has 350/350 mp205 10 bolt rear and I am not sure what is in the front, oh ya, and a removable top!
They do have lots of rust especially in the tub. Mine was all patch welded when I bought it, then I just tore the carpet out and rocker guarded it. If you get a blazer, you will not be sorry, fun, tough, and best of all, CHEVY!!!!
"]http://www.bc4x4.com/ubb/smilies/cwm4.gif[/IMG][/url] Just my 2 cents

------------------
79 blazer k5/ stock except for 33" wild country's,paint & 4" lift coming soon.
75 skylark w/455 & posi

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oops ignore the smiley web address thingy ma jiggy

------------------
79 blazer k5/ stock except for 33" wild country's,paint & 4" lift coming soon.
75 skylark w/455 & posi

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there a difference between a k5 blazer and a full size jimmy?

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
The second Gen K5's built from 73 to 91 are a great truck. The Jimmy and Blazer are identical except for badging, one made by GMC (Jimmy) one by Chevrolet.

Here's a link to all the spec's and options from 69 to 91
http://coloradok5.com/specs.shtml

Here's a link to a couple hundred K5's in various states of modification...
http://coloradok5.com/gallery/

And the sites main page...
http://coloradok5.com

If you can't find the info you want on this site it doesn't exist...

Rene

------------------
God hates a coward!

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys. Ill let u know what i end up getting.

------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts