BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to sell a runner\truck these days?? maybe i'm out of place but myself and a couple other guys have had a hell of a time getting rid of your rigs!!! hey flex?? my be i'm being stupid to think i could be 7500 for a 86 runner ifs with a 350 in it?? what do you guys think?? is that impossible? i guess i'm just a little up set because i'm having such a hard time getting rid of my rig!!!
just me rammbling
sean

·
Registered
193 Posts
In general people don't like to buy vehicles heavily modified by garge mechanics.

That shouldn't detur you though. Maybe just save up for a SAS??

·
1,269 Posts
It's not that people don't like buying garage-modified vehicles (a quick look under most rigs will be indicative of the quality of work that runs throughout), it's the price. While your rig may be worth 8000, would you pay that much for a truck you're going to take out in the bush and beat on? 4x4's are an interesting market man. In my experience it takes a long time to sell just about any 4x4, unless it's cheap.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm lerning that!! the work done on my runner is done very well!!! you would not even be able to tell that i guy did it in his garage. he really nows his stuff!!!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
What've you been doing to try to sell it? Just the local paper, buy and sell, etc?

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE with some minor stuff done to it

G

·
Look at your market Mudrunner. Most of us folks are on very tight budgets when it comes to 4x4 vehicles. Personally, I wouldnt pay more than 2 grand for a truck that I plan to wheel with. At that, I fully expect to have minor repairs before she even sees the trails! I would be pretty leery with a 7500 dollar (inital investment) rig out on the rocks!

------------------
88, Stock IFS, and I like it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Give it a few more month's. Trucks sales tend increase in the spring and summer. The idea of having a done out 86' runner with the top off and the back full of bitches
will appeal to someone. Patience.

------------------
If it does'nt fit... wiggle it a bit

·
Registered
144 Posts
The other thing is that low interest rates have led to a lot of people runnung out and getting new cars and trucks and so the price for used cars and tucks goes down.

------------------
475,800 and rising
I am the black cloud of somke that flies by at 3500rpm!
(Please note diesel smoke is dangerous so lay off the throttle!)
Pulls like a draft horse, hauls like a pack mule.

·
1,269 Posts
BigRig brought up a point that I forgot. People are always willing to pay more for a truck during the summer when they will get used more. I bought mine during the winter and managed to haggle the guy down a fair bit.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey my runner is alot of fun in the summer, maybe that will be my little break!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Also most people are like us they don't like to buy built rigs, they either leave them stock or they build them up thereseleves. Just takes time and patients, someone will come along. Anthony

------------------
86 4-Runner STILL stock

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just keep it and buy a cheap beater car for school.Then you can build it up and won't have to get another 4x4 down the road.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i wish i had the $$$$$ to do that!!!! plus i have nothing saved to pay for school, and i'm out of a job at the end of the month!! i wish i was able to do that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts