BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to plug a couple of local businesses that I've had positive experiences with in the last little while. Everyone hears about the negative stuff, and I'd like to balance that out a little.

1) Westec Engineering. Richard Sikich's company does heavy-duty marine equipment, but he's 4x4-friendly and more than happy to take on small welding projects or other custom metal / fab work. His pro welder did an excellent job with some structural welds for me recently, and the price was more than fair. Westec is in North Van, and they're usually people there until early evening on weekdays. 988-1130

2) Need any Ford parts? Call Doug at 580-3439. I found him through the Buy & Sell; he runs a small Ford-only wrecking yard on Timberland Rd in North Delta / Surrey. He sold me a good, complete Ford 9" for under $150, and he told me he makes a point of charging about half of what other wreckers charge for parts. Some great deals to be had, although he's got more cars than trucks.

Just thought I'd share :beer
Chris

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'm not saything the places are bad...but it's kinda unfair to post here. Lars has a policy of ads for sponsouring companies only...it's only fair.

·
Chump
624 Posts
Goof said:
I'm not saything the places are bad...but it's kinda unfair to post here. Lars has a policy of ads for sponsouring companies only...it's only fair.
:rolleyes: This post is far from an ad......he is not affliated with these companies at all. He is just letting people know that he feels they can be trusted. If you get good service let somebody know, it is good for consumers, and it is like a little reward for the company that has provided a good service. I pity the companies that gives bad service to people who are associated with large BB's these days. Word of mouth now spreads faster than ever before.

A friend of mine bought a Rebco box from Richard at Westec. He is a nice guy.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I should clarify...

I'm not personally associated with either Richard or Doug - just a happy customer of both.

There's enough horror stories out there about other companies, local and not, so I reckon it's good to spread the word when you find a place that's a pleasure to deal with.

Now if I was hawking my own stuff, that would be different :p

Chris

·
Registered
416 Posts
Jordan said:

A friend of mine bought a Rebco box from Richard at Westec. He is a nice guy.
Uh..."aquaintance", please. And yes, I am a nice guy.

And........HA HA! I bought the Rebco! Nya nya!! Suckers! :p

(And Richard was a really cool guy too! If anyone needs their jetboat hull repaired, he's the man.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.