BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some tighter trails to take an ATV on. Any ideas? I’ve done the majority of main trails out there. IE: Sunrise, eagle, hut… Haven’t done the east side of stave, is it worth going? Getting sick of pure logging roads. Any suggestions of were to go?

G

·
I haven't been there, but a guy I used to work with took his quad to Vedder Mountain on a regular basis. He said there was lots of cool trails, but you could do it all in a day. I'm sure you'll get more input from some of these guys. Also, there used to be some quad trails up Blue Mountain(McNutt), but with it being gated I don't know if there is access to them any more.

------------------
'94 Chev 1/2ton 6"ProComp
'89 Sidekick 3" body, 31'S
auto, 513's, E-Z Locker

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
so far as I have discovered in my few trips up east stave it seems to be mostly just old logging roads with some LONG skider trails.

Vedder mtn is good but like previosly mentioned, you can do EVERYTHING in a day or less. there used to be a nice trail that went up and over the top but is not blocked off at the top by the towers
( I have not done it in the day to know what turn arounds spots were like so I don't know if going in on the long end of it and turning around when you reach the towers blockade would work, I should go up and check that out sometime. if it does work theres is a sweet ditch that you crawl up through(years of run off have made the road like driving up in a half pipe)

------------------
the pages of my life, http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/edges

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm not planning to take my quad out again until Spring, when the weather is nicer and the days are longer. But here are some ideas:

There are two trails up on Eagle Ridge that I'd like to check out; the first might lead to the ghost town but I've never done it so I don't know. Requires a chainsaw, as there's a LOT of deadfall on the trail. The other is just off the "hard line"; I tried it with my truck but it kinda petered off into a goat trail or something, and it was too narrow and off-camber for my liking. Don't know if it actually goes anywhere (does anyone know?). However, I did note that there is a "no motorcycles" symbol at the Eagle Ridge trailhead by the gate. Are we classed as a "motorcycle" or can we argue that we are an "all-terrain vehicle" since we have 4 tires, and that we do not even remotely resemble the 2-wheeled vehicle depicted on the sign?

If we aren't allowed up there, whether due to being a motorcycle or because it's been gated, there's a trail in the Squamish area I've spotted; also requires a chainsaw. But those trails are the best; nobody else has been in there for a while.

Treasure Mtn has some interesting trails that, when I was there, I didn't want to take my truck on, but now that I have a bit more experience and an upgraded truck I might see things differently now. I don't think a chainsaw is required, but the last time I was there was in Aug '97.

So far, I haven't taken my quad anywhere I wouldn't take my truck, but I hope to change that next season.

------------------
Greg Sue
85 Toyota X-cab
http://media-north.com/4wd/

·
Registered
133 Posts
Chipmunk Creek in Chilliwak. There's always Dirtbikes Quads and now Snowmobiles. Was up there on Sunday, and there's quite a bit of snow up there.

------------------
89' Tracker

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would say chipmunk creek is a great place to boot around. Very close to chilliwack and there are a ton of trails there.
We always go campin there , (great place).

------------------
4ByHigh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts