BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 110 bucks a decent deal for a timing kit for a 22re including chain, sprockets, guides and a couple other decently sized peices of metal (not sure what they are for yet) and a rubber seal?

About how long should it take me to do my timing chain?

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Paid $86 at Lordco with the BC4WDA discount. + taxes. Came with all the pieces needed and was a good set.

I took a day since I cleaned up everything and painted. Was pretty simple.

Decided to replace the water pump since I was in there anyhow and this it what took the longest.

Could do it in about 6-8 hours.

------------------
TOY`s Phoenix Gold Car Audio webpage

·
Registered
373 Posts
same here.... I paid 80 bucks from lordco!
Price around!!

------------------
Poguebilt Toys..... A new breed of Toyota Perfection.
1986 Toyota pickup solid axle conv. 5" susp. 3"body 36" tslsx siped, 5.29's
spool rear, detroit front, 5012's, 44044's, 4cyl bored, balanced, Doug thorley header, flowmaster muffler, OTT crossover steering , u-bolt flip F/R, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just make sure it's a decent set. I bought a set or two off a susidiary of fel-pro. A couple days after the first install the hydraulic tensioner calved, had a small leak. So, I sent it back got another set and 10000kms later the guides gave up. I got ahold of fel-pro and they told me they weren't carrying the company anymore and basically to take it and shove it. There's a few companies in the states that make metal guides, I'd definitely reccomend getting a set. The guides are what fail 99% of the time.

------------------
IFS- Shouldn't that be a four letter word?

·
1,269 Posts
What is it with Fel-pro and making crappy stuff for Toyotas?

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts