BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a bunch of work done to my head on acount of my timing chain snapping, I have a delema though. When I put the chain on the top dot on the big sprocket faces dead center. The bottom pulling (were the timing marks are) is a little ways to the right (advanced or to the drivers side). So i moved it a link back, then it ends up on about 8 degress detarded. my thinking is, when it is to the right after there is oil pressure, the tensioner will kick in therefore pushing it to 0 degrees. WHat's goin on here, I need help quick, I need it goin by the weekend!!

Anthony, and sorry about the long post

------------------
86 4-Runner STILL stock

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nope
if you look at the front of the motor the chain links on the drivers side of the sprockets have not slack thats when you must have your marks aligned and the tensioner will take up all the slack on the pasenger side but there should be some spring tension from the tesioner when there is no oil pressure if not get a new time chain guide set

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There doesn't seem to any slack on the passenger side, but I turn the motor a bit while putting the sprocket back on therefore making oil pressure?? I counted the links before I put it on and they matched up

------------------
86 4-Runner STILL stock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts