BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips for filling up with gas?

My '80 has dual tanks and the filler hoses are practically horizontal. Seems like a great design to get the gas to run uphill. It is a real pain to have to hold the gas nozzle at just a trickle so it doesn't shut off. Then when it does shut off it usually pukes out all over!

Just curious to know if everyone lives with this or has found an easier way.

Thanks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
and then you say "Well you're not gonna charge me for that now are you!!!!!!!!!!" :D

I just got an 81 with dual tanks, I just put the nazzle in just barely and i go about 3/4 flow of gasoline, then i watch for it to come up the line, it doesn't come up the line too fast because the filler tube is horizontal.

What about filling both tanks at once, i went to chevron with my buddy and parked in the middle of 2 islands and he filled one with one pump and i filled one with the other and i went and paid for both, the gas jockey laughed cuz he has the same truck. When I came out to get in my truck some guy yelled at me and I told him that i'm just an ignorant f*cker that just doens't give a damn about him, that shut him up good!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Check your breather hose(s) from tank to filler hole. Mine were shot at the sending unit on the tank and when I filled my tank any faster than a trickle it would churn and puke too. It's all better now ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts