BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i need some info on a tire swap for my 88 suzuki samurai, i i have the stock 205 15's but i want bigger, what is the max size before it starts to rub. Any other information will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Fahim

------------------
Fahim Khan
Mad 88 Suzuk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by Fahim:
Hey, i need some info on a tire swap for my 88 suzuki samurai, i i have the stock 205 15's but i want bigger, what is the max size before it starts to rub. Any other information will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Fahim

you might be able to squeeze some 30" tires in there but doubt full that they won't rub.

I've got some " mud terrain's " for sale that will fit "just" before rubbing will occur decent tread with samurai white steel rims $250.00 $$ I thought they were 29"????

------------------
85 samurai

·
Registered
37 Posts
i put 235/75 15 on mine before it was lifted and had no problem with rubbing

------------------
85 Samurai 13" lift, Snorkel,Bucket seats, yoda axles, soon to be chev 4.3l V6 th350 and 205 tcase, on 33X12.50 super swampers

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
Depends what you future plans are for the truck. 235/75's are max with no rubbing during compression. No, 30's will not fit even if they are only an inch bigger unless you put in a set of shackles (even still there will be a bit of rub under compression).

If you are planning a lift and stuff later, wait and buy the proper sized tires then. Trust me we don't need to see another spoa sami with little dinky tires on it. IT hurts my eyes!
Later

------------------
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.