BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's a good tire pressure for city/highway driving with my truck (see sig)? i've been doing 28 front and 35 rear. thanks.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I ran 29 all around when I had 33" tires. Actually I still run it with 35" tires. Just take chalk and run a couple of stripes across the tread, and see how the wear is.

Why do you run more pressure in the rear tires? Easier to do smoke shows? :*******

·
Registered
453 Posts
I ran 30 on highway and 28 when i had 33's on my 81 toyota and they wore very even with my 15x10 wheels:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mudhucker said:
I ran 30 on highway and 28 when i had 33's on my 81 toyota and they wore very even with my 15x10 wheels:D
I run 35x12.5 r15 on a 15x10 rim... Street driving I run about 32psi. My center has worn a little faster but thats fine, because when I air them down to 10 to 18 psi the outer lugs make contact more and they aren't as worn.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I run my 36 x 12.5 sx's on 8 inch rims around 25 on the street. My truck is pretty light too with a very bobbed flat deck. I've noticed pretty even wear even the spool is not too bad on them at that pressure.

Corey

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg said:

Why do you run more pressure in the rear tires? Easier to do smoke shows? :*******
smoke shows? ha! my truck wouldn't do a smoke show if i set it on fire! :laugh

actually, the factory specs with the 225/75R15s call for 26 front and 35 rear. i'll try the chalk thing. thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts