BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 33x12.50's on 15x7 rims.....
My back left tire always rubs hard on my tail pipe when I make tight right-hand turns... What is the best way to get more clearance? How do I get a 'wider stance'?
I swapped rear ends last year because I broke an axle, the rear end I bought turned out to be about three inches narrower than the one I broke! Which axles should I use to get the best performance? Without spending too much money....

------------------
1982 CJ7
4" Skyjacker lift, 2" Shackles, 33" Mudkings

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
try a set of 1/4 inch spacers. They are like 20 bucks for a set at your local 4x4 store or lordco

------------------
92 yj 2 inch body lift,lift shackles, 2.5 rancho lift springs running on 33's

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds like you swapped a pre '81 (narrow track)axle into your '82 (wide track) jeep. Is there any way to adjust the exhaust hangers to move your exhaust out of the way? This would be preferable to spacers due to bearing load and strength issues. Wheels with different backspace would still give the bearing load issues but you wouldn't have the additional hardware (spacers) putting load on your wheel studs.

Gotta ask why your exhaust is outside the frame rails though?

The best way would be to find another wide track dana 20 or better yet, swap in a dana 44 and get a stronger steup in the bargain.

Hope this helps.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.