BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know how big of a lift if needed to put 31'', or 33'' on a 89 bronco ii?
figuring probably 1.5-2 suspension an the 2'' body. or would it be better just to go for a 4'' suspension? it also had leaf springs off an explorer so the read already sits a touch higher then the front end.
is this even possible to fit these tires or would i have to cut out a bit of the body?
plus someone said these trucks a bad to lift in general, but does it sound like too much or would it work?
THANKS

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I've never lifted a BII, but I have on a ranger and an exploder, all three are RBV's (ranger based vehicle) and it should be pretty straight forward to lift. I'd go with an all suspension lift, forget doing a body lift. You'll also possibly want to swap to a Dana 35 front endif it's got the Dana 28. Check out www.therangerstation.com for more advice on the BII's

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've found James Duff to be kind of conservative on many things but at the bottom of this page is their tire & lift guide. http://www.jamesduff.com/broncoII/suspension.html

I think you could get 31's on your bronco with just minor trimming alone if you wanted to go that route. Bronco II's and 1st gen Rangers had rather small and squarish fender openings so trimming is almost necessary for 33's or bigger. I've seen Rangers with 33 inch tires, no lift and just cut out fenders. Another upgrade to consider would be an 8.8" rear axle from an Explorer with the spring pads moved to the top of the axle and shock mounts from your 7.5" rear. The 7.5 is weak and the Explorer rear is a great swap.

I agree with Mike Wild. Forget the body lift.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ive got 31's on my BII with no rub till i crank the steering all the way over.
ive got explorer springs and shocks in the rear(i modified the shock ends to fit).
the front is stock but just the taller shocks and coil spacers would help that extra bit.
it also depends on the tire you put on too aggresive tread etc
when i switched mags less back spacing i got a bit of fender rub on the fronts.
any questions feel free to pm me
have a good one
R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.