BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 81 toy with 3" suspension lift. Will 35" tires fit or do I need more lift

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
190 Posts
From the tire fitment guide I have I would have to say you'll need a minimum 4" lift with 2" to 3" of body lift to fit even a 35"x12.50. If you do a 2" body lift you should be able to run 33"s with no problems.

·
Registered
207 Posts
toynado said:
I have an 81 toy with 3" suspension lift. Will 35" tires fit or do I need more lift

Thanks in advance
they'll fit, but the'll rub. My current setup is a 3" susp lift with 33's, no problems for rubbing fenders at all. Of course thats all being changed.... with a 2" body lift you'll fit 35's no problem. 2" body is a lot easier than 3" body, with 3" you start to run into a few problems, 2" body fits with no problems.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have 5" of suspension lift on my '81 SB Pickup running 35x12.50R15 BFG MT's on 15x8 AR rims and I just barely get rubbing at full turn, it is easily adjusted by moving the stops out a bit.

35's with 3"... :eek: I dunno... I doubt it... :violin

http://truck.serialaddiction.com <-- for pictures of my truck & buildup

·
Registered
453 Posts
On my 81 toyota i had 33's on stock suspension that wasn't sagged out at all, and it did rub a bit. I would imagine that a 3in body will work but it will definately rub a little. Just do it and see, like it was said befeore it's nothing that a torch and a grinding wheel won't fix:******* :mullet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts