BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother has a budget 1 inch spacer lift on his Tracker. What is the max tire size he can fit without to much rub???

PS. He's saving for a real lift, slow process......

------------------
86 XJ Procomp 3 inch lift w/ 31s, Crane Ignition, MSD coil, K&N filter, Electric Fan, Holley Carb, Edelbrock Intake, Torque Cam.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I would say he can comfortably fit 235/75/15, a rough equivalent of a 29 inch or he may get away with 30 inch tires, in which case he may want to watch for potential small rubbage on the back of a front fender while turning sharply ... It will depend on offset of the wheel. The more backspace you have the more rubbing you may encounter.
I personally would stick with stock rim and 235's and never worry about that and save money for the "real lift"...

------------------
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool I'll pass on the message THANKS.....

By the way MudKick what have you done to your SideKick?

------------------
86 XJ Procomp 3 inch lift w/ 31s, Crane Ignition, MSD coil, K&N filter, Electric Fan, Holley Carb, Edelbrock Intake, Torque Cam.

·
Registered
281 Posts
He should be able to get away with any tires that measures 29" actualy diameter (ie most 30x9.5's), or a 235/75/r15 should fit without any rubbing in the stock rims. if he's going to rub anywhere it'll be while turning against the lower rear section of the front wheel well.

I ran 30x9.5" GSA's for about a year with varying 1" to 3" suspension lifts (was playing around a lot then) and it's a good size to work from. Going with a true 30" tire (like swampers etc) though might be a bit too tall, especially with rims that will move the tire outboard farther.

Many guys are running 235's on stock everything, so with an extra inch he should be fine.

Did he use a 1" coil spacer for the front? If so then it will actually lift the truck over that, at about 1.4" instead just from the control arm/coil geometry. Make sure he puts in longer shocks in the rear, factory ones are pretty short!

Hope that helps...

Ryan Gates
92 Sidekick -SAS, 31's, etc.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Give me an E-mail at [email protected] and I'll tell you what my experiance with the Kick is and what I've done in more details.

And remember...

------------------
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.