BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand new to the 4x4 world. Just bought a '92 Nissan. How do I find out the biggest set of tires I can put on it with out any modifications?
I am also thinking of putting a small body lift in it. Is it something a rookie truck owner can do easily?
Obviously if I do put a body lift on it then I can fit slightly bigger tires. How would I find out what size I can fit then?

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is a picture of my old Nissan. I had 2" blocks in the back and I cranked up the tortion bars a bit for about 1 1/2" of lift in the front. I fit 31's no problem I probably could have fit 32's. With a body lift you could probably fit 33's.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you want crank up the tortion bars, find where the tortion bars connect to the cross member. There is a bolt on each one. You just tighten the bolts and measure how high the truck is raised. I wouldnt go any higher than about 1 1/2" of lift. I didnt have any problems with mine, but like Jarret said it may wear things out. I dont think you get as much travel out of the suspension with them cranked up either. I also agree with Jarret its best to get the proper lift. :)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
susp lifts are probably going to be expensive for a Nissan, because they aren't very comon to lift. What sixe tires are you wanting to fit on it? Perhaps just a 2" body lift will let you fit 31" tires. the best thing to do is call a few shops and ask questions about what is available for your truck, or perhaps there is a Nissan club somewhere out there and you could ask them. From what I know, Most small lifts are just bolt on. I'm sure you can find someone on here willing to give you a hand if you want help doing it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
31's come stock on SE Pathys and Hardbody Trucks. Do you have 235's or 31's now?

The Hardbodys (pickups) sit 1.5" higher on the frame than the Pathys so you can easily fit 31's on it. You can also fit 32's with a mild Torsion bar lift (no more than 1"-1.5") and you won't affect your angles. Any higher, you will prematurely wear out your front end. Some people go up to 2" without any problems but...

32's will fit with stock backspacing. If you have after market rims, test fit the tires first.

A 3" body lift will run you about 150-160 bucks.

The 2" body lift is easier than the 3" because you won't have to extend anything. It's very easy to do with simple hand tools. It's just extemely labor intensive and takes a ton of time.

Go to www.4x4parts.com and visit the Nissan forum. There are a ton of Nissan owners there that will answer all your Nissan questions.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts