BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to stick a 4inch body lift on my 91 Explorer. I am told I can fit 31's no problem with that but I was wondering with some fender mods could I fit 32's under there? I would really like to get 32's on it but If i can only fit 31's I guess thats the path i will have to take. Thanks for your help all u Ford guys.

·
Registered
228 Posts
1. No such thing as a 4" body lift. And if it's homemade....:rolleyes:

2. 31" tires will fit on a stock Exploder

3. With a 3" body lift you'd fit 32's no problem.

4. Bodylifts are evil, lift the right way...with springs.

Cheers
Dale

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Bodylifts are for bigger engines / drivetrain:D
Go suspention, it'll prob. ride better and look cooler. ??a 4" gap beween bummper and body?? you could mount fog lights in that gaper :*******

·
Registered
92 Posts
my friend owns a 91 exploder and it came stock with 31s. what was that about body lifts bad for small trucks? would a 2 inch be a not-so-bright idea on a Bronco II????

·
Registered
898 Posts
My own personal(not professional) opinion on bodylifting a BII is that the only reason to do it is to allow clearance for a V8 swap. I don't dislike bodylifts, but....

1) the bodymount bolts (especially the rear) tend to get VERY rusted into place.

2) a suspension lift is not a lot more work to install (I'd rather deal with grinding the rivets to do a suspension lift than replacing the body mount bolts...)

3) A bodylift leaves you with the same suspension you started with (and I have yet to find a BII that has a stock suspension that doesn't need a bit of help)

With that said, if you want to do a bodylift, go for it. If you do it properly, it should work fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts