BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I have a 74 Plymouth TrailDuster (Dodge RamCharger, like a full size Chevy Blazer or Ford Bronco). The problem is that I need tires.

It had 33x12.50s on it. I plan on going down to 31x10.50s (unless anyone has serious complaints). What brand and model? I have been looking at BigFoot XTs. I know, BFG AT/TAs are good. But, I went through two of them in the same day about 3 weeks back. Totally blown out while driving on road.

So, I plan on usuing my truck as a daily driver mainly and having some moderate off road fun on the weekends. Rarely snow or deep mud, mainly a little sand, dirt washboard roads maybe some root and rock rumbling, etc. No mudders needed with me, but surely a AT type.

Any particular great brands? Any reason to not go with the BigFoot Xts?

Thanks for the advice in advance!

Have a great day!

Jay

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I currently have 31" x 10.5" Dunlop Radial Rover RT on my truck. They are pretty good on the road, and secent in the bush. They aren't the most agressive tire, but the only time I have been stuck because of the tires is in the mud. They are crap for mud. I drove from Harrison to Pemberton on the harrison forrest service road, and I was told that it is guaranteed to get a flat on that road, but I didn't get one. I did sheer off a lug in one of the sections of sharp rocks though.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
Registered
78 Posts
i just put wild country txr on my blazer,these are awesome tires.Not to noisy but excellent traction and i've seen some with 90,000 kms on them with tread still left.31's would cost about $680 installed.

·
Registered
453 Posts
check out the goodyear at/s they're a good all terrain, and they look pretty cool.

------------------
1985 K5 Blazer Fully Stock even gay 235r15 tires. On the way 4in susp 3in body 35's extensive engine build up and new camo paint

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
you could buy my lt235/75r15 ats if you want? like new (cavalier at's) you can have them for 350 (set of four)

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
oh wait your kinda far away.....

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
Registered
83 Posts
Buy the bigfoot XT's. They have an uncomparable warranty and work awesome eh?
for what you want to do you won't find a better tire.

------------------
if it ain't broke, you don't go hard enough!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I HAD A SET OF GOODYEAR MTR'S ON MY 81 BRONCO 32.11.50S WORKED GOOD LOOKED AWSOME.BUT KINDA PRICEY JUST OVER A GRAND INSTALLED.THEY SEEM TO LAST PRETTY GOOD 2.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Go for the big-o's for the warranty you wont regret it if you cut a side wall.

------------------
Sold 85 Toyota extra cab 4x4 2" lift 33" BFG M/T with lots of tire rub!
Wanted 84/85 4runner, needed a few more seats less rust, and a beter FRAME.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I run 33" BFG MT KMs. They look great and work even better. A little lumpy on pavement at low speeds and $900.00 installed. A little pricey.
Shawnboy.

------------------
If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Did you take the BFG's you blew out for adjustment to the dealer!

------------------
Shopping List...
NP203, 15"x7-8" 5x5.5" wheels!

·
1,269 Posts
The Big-O's would be your best bet.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts