BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv e got a 2000 dodge 3/4 ton I sometimes run 35 14.5 16.5 Tsl thornbird on 16.5 by 10 rims and they hit when i turn more than two revs on the steering wheel.I dont off road the truck I just like to role around with the fat boys on I was woundering if any body knows how to lift a staight axle dodge a bout 11/2"s in the front with out having to buy a lift kit

·
Registered
138 Posts
what are you doing??? why aren't you off roading with that truck???

------------------
'85 4runner, 6' suspension lift and 35' mudders (my baby)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
is it coil or Leaf spring in the front?

I also must ask..

what are you doing??? why aren't you off roading with that truck???

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

[This message has been edited by Jarett (edited October 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
He just told you, he is a show off!!! Show it off out in the bush man! Geez.

------------------
1981 Ford F150 Ranger Flair Side. 35" Dick Cepek 3" Lift. 302 5L
GPS Linked to OziExplorer
VE7CSY on IPARN

·
Registered
66 Posts
If it has leaf springs use shackles. If it has coils you can buy spacers that fit under your springs to raise it. Those are probably the cheapest ways to raise it. Then take it off road and test your modifications.

------------------
76 Jimmy 4" lift,3" body lift, 37" tires,lights and other great stuff.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
TI should be a coil front end. Just get a spacer and put it on top of the coil.
Unfortunately it will not stop it from rubbing when you turn as that effects ride hight, not turning.
To stop it from rubbing when you turn, have your steering stops adjusted.

Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

·
Banned
23 Posts
two options i can think of

1:cut out whatever is rubbing against

2:get super offset rims, therefor they will stick out wide enough not to rub

------------------
88 yota SR5 ext cab V6 4in explorer pro comp susp lift with superlift springs, and 3in body lift. Running 33in at's for winter
"Is that a bad thing that my brake pedal is touching the floor"... we'll see when we hit that tree!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I suspect that he is rubbing on his frame and control arms.
If he is rubbing on the body, not much can be done, but a 1-2 inch body lift should relieve some of the problem.

Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

·
Registered
583 Posts
I suspect that this guy is trolling. Look at you all flopping around on the deck. I guess he's using the right bait.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

Jeeps don't have "things"

[This message has been edited by Paul (edited October 03, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by Paul:
I suspect that this guy is trolling. Look at you all flopping around on the deck. I guess he's using the right bait.

????? that one whent over my head.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think what Paul means is he's just tryin to get a rise outta everyone, if not there's another pavement princess

------------------
89' Ranger, 4" Susp., 32's, Warn 6000lb etc., etc...

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I think the dodge front axles look similar to cherokee front axles and maybe I should look at one a little close sometime instead of just seeing it as I drive down the freeway. hmmm, full width almost bolt in axle?

------------------
-'85 XJ,2dr,4cyl,5spd,31x10.5's,2"lift,onboard air,bla,bla,bla,
-'82 J-10 Project truck, 258 straight 6, 5spd, 30x9.5's
"its not what you drive, or where you drive,
its driving what you have to where you want to go"

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The dodge has coils but I was thinking I could just take the springs out of a 96 diesel and put them in they stand up taller and wount compress as easy. I dont offroad the dodge thats why I built the chevy I Have for sale. About the worst Im goin to do to a 40 000 dollar truck is take it in the local mud bogs. Waranty only covers so much, The Dealership I bought it from were a little ticked when the saw me running the 35s. The rims Im Running are full reverse offset and the tires are tuching at the very bottom of the fenders on the back That s why about 11/2"s of space is all that I need. Thanks for all the Ideas But wear would be the best place to get a spacer for on top of the coils

·
Banned
23 Posts
A lift will only stop rubbing if the tires are rubbing on something to do with the body or wheel wells. If its something else, like your steering or front susp components, then no lift will help, you need bigger offset rimes. Trust me, i've had to deal with the same thing on my old ford.

------------------
88 yota SR5 ext cab V6 4in explorer pro comp susp lift with superlift springs, and 3in body lift. Running 33in at's for winter
"Is that a bad thing that my brake pedal is touching the floor"... we'll see when we hit that tree!

·
Banned
23 Posts
Oh ya, there's a pic of my old ford in the photo album section under curtis jorundson.

------------------

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try crappy tire or lordco for the spacers. Most auto parts stores will have them.

------------------
76 Jimmy 4" lift,3" body lift, 37" tires,lights and other great stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts