BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new BFG ATs right now and they wore down so fast! I might as well have bought a MT! I got them only 50,000 Km ago. I was wondering what you guys recommend I go with. I mainly drive on the street, but when I go wheelin I got to tough trails like blue mountain and I always take the hard lines. I don't mind if it wears down that fast again as long as its a bit more aggressive. I was thinking of SS Thornbirds, anyone know how they do on the rocks and how fast the wear on pavement?

------------------
----------------
Crack
92 Ranger 6" lift 31s
Slamming the gas can get you over almost anything, the question is, can you keep going after

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hear dead people, and they're telling me dont buy thornbirds, check out that fountain tire banner at the top of the page, with the goodyear MTR or maybe the procomp MT's

Beer

------------------
I live for SCORT.

·
Registered
261 Posts
ive also heard the thornbirds are crap, they wear very weird. the winter tires at wall mart look pretty agressive the 235/75/15 . and they are cheaper than anything ive seen around ,last i looked they were 79.99 a tire instald.

------------------
one word and u know its the best..SAMURAI

·
Registered
583 Posts
Being one of the few people who actually likes Thornbirds I will say this one thing. They are not very well suited to use as a tire for a daily driver. They wear down quickly and are extremely noisy. For a bias ply tire they do ride pretty good though. As far as off road, if you air them way down they work great. They will not work very well at street pressure but then again what tire does?

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts