BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the way guys........ How big can I go with tires without having to get involved with a lift kit ?........for now anyway ! Thanks for all info

------------------
wannabee4wheelin

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
She mentioned in another post that she owned a jeep (didn't specify what model) But I'm guessing that 33's??? could probably be stuffed in a stocker jeep? Maybe another size larger?

------------------
Pi$$ on the ceiling... Any ******* can Pi$$ on the floor.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Originally posted by hay:
She mentioned in another post that she owned a jeep (didn't specify what model) But I'm guessing that 33's??? could probably be stuffed in a stocker jeep? Maybe another size larger?

Please don't take this the wrong way - but if you don't know then don't guess.

Too much bad information gets passed around that way.

For wheeling 30s are the largest for a stock YJ and 31s for a TJ.

Still don't know what rig the question was about, though.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

[This message has been edited by Chris S (edited February 12, 2002).]

·
Registered
70 Posts
My brothers buddy has 31s on his 1989 Jeep YJ with no rub or trimming and a guy at work has the same year YJ with 2" body lift and 33x9.5s.

There was a guy a while back who had lots of pictures that he had taken of his stock TJ that he drove on the street only with 33s. I can't find the posting anymore but maybe someone else remembers?

------------------
80 Cj5, 360amc, Swampers, Custom 5in. lift, Warn winch,
92 XJ 6" Rubicon, 33" Swampers, engine build up in the works

[This message has been edited by MikeCj5 (edited February 12, 2002).]

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Originally posted by MikeCj5:

My brothers buddy has 31s on his 1989 Jeep YJ with no rub or trimming and a guy at work has the same year YJ with 2" body lift and 33x9.5s.

There was a guy a while back who had lots of pictures that he had taken of his stock TJ that he drove on the street only with 33s. I can't find the posting anymore but maybe someone else remembers?

I'm asuming by the sig that cammy actually intends to go off road.

I see tons of stock YJs on 31s. You can tell the ones that have been on any kind of serious trail because they all have damage to the fender flares.

You can even fit 33s on a stock TJ- if you don't mind rubbing the flares on every bump.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

[This message has been edited by Chris S (edited February 12, 2002).]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fair enough Chris, and thanks for the heads up. I never considered what misinformation like this can do. I'll keep this in mind in the future.

------------------
Pi$$ on the ceiling... Any ******* can Pi$$ on the floor.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i ran 30's on my stock YJ for a bit...no rubbing @ all even on the trails...if you plan to do some wheeling though i'd go with mud terrains foresure..

allan

------------------
"umm...sir how come your declareing bankruptcy?"...."it's a jeep thing you wouldn't understand!!.."
93 YJ, 4" lift with 32's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry guys......been awhile since I've been here, and if I would have been here sooner, I would have clarified 2 things; 1stly,the vehicle is a "95 YJ...........and the 2nd thing is that this she is a he !!!! Must have been the stock, red YJ thing that threw ya'll ! Anyway, If I was to change the Yj fender skirts to Tj skirts, that would make a definate allowance for 31's or 33's ....am I right ? Thanks ya'll .

------------------
wannabee4wheelin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Chris S.....That's one nice lookin' machine ya have there !!! (Red TJ with the 33's)Carry on !

------------------
wannabee4wheelin

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I'm guessing by skirts you mean fender flares and I don't know for sure, but I believe that TJ fender flares will only give you more width, not more height. So you could legally put on a wider tire with the wider TJ fender flare.

Just like chris said before, if you just want to cruise around for a bit before you get a lift, 33"s will fit, a member of the board had them on for a little bit before he bought a 4" kit.

------------------
Stock 2000 Jeep TJ Sport
(I don't know anything, don't listen to my advice)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I did mean flares.......Sorry guys, brain fart ! Thanks for the info !

------------------
wannabee4wheelin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts