BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stoked about my first real project! Sure I helped out a little with my body lift, but I didn't know anything about Jeeps back then. But now I will be installing the TJ fender flare on my YJ. It's going to be so much fun/headache. I plan on doing everything myself this time (with friends to watch and keep me company). I've been itch'n so bad to cut at the tub and front fenders to make them fit.

To the writer/do-ers of Project YJ. I have to say that you have really made this possible. I wouldn't know where to start otherwise.

And I know what some of you guys are thinking, "oh man, that is nothing. Just wait until your doing a d44 swap front and back with a SOA at the same time." Well you know what...screw you! I'm just getting started in this game so back off. lol

Well, I'll keep you all posted and I'll throw up some b4/after pics too.

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by OptBlackNite:
To the writer/do-ers of Project YJ. I have to say that you have really made this possible. I wouldn't know where to start otherwise.
Hey, no refunds! <g>

And I know what some of you guys are thinking, "oh man, that is nothing. Just wait until your doing a d44 swap front and back with a SOA at the same time." Well you know what...screw you! I'm just getting started in this game so back off. lol
If you've noticed, people on this board don't make fun of people because they're novices. We've all been there at one time or another. Keep us informed of your progress and good luck!

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by lars:
If you've noticed, people on this board don't make fun of people because they're novices. We've all been there at one time or another. Keep us informed of your progress and good luck!

...lars

I know, I was just messing around.

All the people on this board are great and very friendly. I give props to everyone.

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dunno
I got in trouble a while back

but hey...good luck to you
and if you can get more tj flares lemme know

RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by RYJAY:

and if you can get more tj flares lemme know

RJ

There is a guy in Indiana US that has a ton of them. They are slightly used with some scuffs on them (normal wear and tear). They usually go for about 150 US$. Do you want me to see if he has some more??

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts

There is a guy in Indiana US that has a ton of them. They are slightly used with some scuffs on them (normal wear and tear). They usually go for about 150 US$. Do you want me to see if he has some more??
Holy crap, that's CAD$60 per flare. Not a very good deal. Maybe that's why he has a bunch of them...he can't sell them quick enough. <g>

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by lars:
Holy crap, that's CAD$60 per flare. Not a very good deal. Maybe that's why he has a bunch of them...he can't sell them quick enough. <g>

...lars

That's the cheapest I can find them around here. Everyone wants at least $300 US$ for a set. I agree, it's highway robbery.

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

·
Registered
102 Posts
HA!
I'm planning on buying extended ones for about the same price anyways so don't worry about it

RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
That's the cheapest I can find them around here. Everyone wants at least $300 US$ for a set. I agree, it's highway robbery.

Try calling Gary's Autowrecking at 604-467-4518 and talk to Rick. They should be able to sell them for the same price or less and in Canadian dollars. Not sure how much shipping would be but you could always go for a drive up here. <g>

For that matter, Gemini Jeep Salvage might also have some: 604-532-9527

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks lars. I already bought them though. Next time I'll ask you guys before I buy parts to see if I can get them cheaper. Live and learn.

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

·
Registered
30 Posts
oh man you already boought them well i this is just my personal opinion but i think you should of got the flair off of an jeep renadgade. 35's tuck under them nicely and then you don't need mud flaps and it will cover up unsightly rust spots that you've primered.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by need*a*jeep:
oh man you already boought them well i this is just my personal opinion but i think you should of got the flair off of an jeep renadgade. 35's tuck under them nicely and then you don't need mud flaps and it will cover up unsightly rust spots that you've primered.
The problem with Renegade flares is that they're not nearly as pliable as the regular ones, even the aftermarket wide ones. Sliding into a tree is going to wreck 'em. Also, they tend to trap mud and moisture which will make any rust problems even worse.

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
30 Posts
when did plastic have issues with rust and as for mud sticking there are products where you can apply a sort of tef-lon coating. As for siding into a tree depending on how hard its mostlikly to wreak anything.

[This message has been edited by need*a*jeep (edited October 30, 2001).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
when did plastic have issues with rust and as for mud sticking there are products where you can apply a sort of tef-lon coating. As for siding into a tree depending on how hard its mostlikly to wreck anything.

[This message has been edited by need*a*jeep (edited October 30, 2001).]

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
when did plastic have issues with rust

i think he means moisture gets trapped in behind the flare and is in direct contact with the fender of your jeep which will eventually cause the side to rust.

as for the teflon stuff.. well i don't really think it would do much when sliding into a tree. it might help when going through a narrow trail with lots of SMALL branches brushing the side of your jeep.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ rancho springs, SOA, EB axles, detroit, 35s, and hi steer in the works

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
when did plastic have issues with rust and as for mud sticking there are products where you can apply a sort of tef-lon coating. As for siding into a tree depending on how hard its mostlikly to wreak anything.
The rust I'm talking about is on the metal...you know, the stuff that does rust.
It's pretty clear that you are dead set on a Renegade and there's nothing wrong with that. My experience is probably going to be different from yours simply because I think our vehicle usage is going to be radically different. Either that or you're grossly underestimating what you'll be getting into when you do decide to go "hardcore" on the trails.

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts