BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya...

Anyone know if the TJ Rubicon edition will be available in Canada? I can't find it on any of Jeep Canada's websites.

I might be buying a new vehicle in the fall (50% chance) and if I buy brand new I will buy Jeep. Can anyone comment on going TJ Sport vs. TJ Rubicon? Price versus performance versus aftermarket availability? Non-selectable lockers are not an option for me, so if I got a TJ Sport the diffs would either stay open or I would go ARB/OX (I don't like lockers in the rain).

Thanks

David

·
Registered
149 Posts
From what I heard, all the rubicons have been pre-ordered so unless you're on the waiting list, you're outta luck. I could be wrong though.

Here's a thread with some info on the rubicon.
http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5294
Personally I think they could have one upped it and gone with the grand cherokee 5.9L v8 in there to make it a complete package :D

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yep, I've got one on order, but they are only making 600 for all of Canada so if you want one you better get your order in quick.

Base rubicon - $29,425

Base Sport - $23,980

Price difference - $5,445

To make a Sport a Rubicon:

rear D44 with disc brakes, 4:10s and OX locker - $5,000

Front Ox & 4:10s $1,200

SYE & drive shaft - $600.00

4:1 t-case gears - $1,500

1" wider fender flares (approx) - $400

Total upgrades - $8,700.00
Now add install for anything you can't do yourself, and say bye-bye to the warranty on half your drive train.

That's also assuming you wouldn't bother matching the D44 front axle or upgrading to the stronger T-case. Figure them and you add another $2,000.

I also didn't include the value of the 31" Goodyear MT/R tires or the 8" wheels that move the tire out 3/4" compared to the standard Sport wheels. Figure close to $1000 extra for them.

Oh yeah - the Rubicon gets fog lamps, tow hooks, and the Sahara style seats. Throw a couple hundred in for them as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.