BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TLC "B" into Sidekick????

Just a wild thought....

I may have an opportunity to score an engine from a BJ40 - should be a 3.0L diesel. The guy is doing a 350/TH350 swap. I assume the LC t-case is re-used and the tranny gets tossed.

Now what the heck can you bolt onto a 4-spd LC tranny that'll work in a Sidekick? (centered rear pumpkin)

Does the Toy truck t-case fit? Does a Toy truck tranny and t-case fit?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do you have any idea what a 3B diesel weighs?.... you could stuff two 350 Chevy's under the hood and have a weight reduction..........
Also the LC stuff and the Mini truck stuff are worlds apart....except for some axle parts
I would also be fairly sure that a rear axle upgrade would be in order to handle the torque..

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Your best bet is to get a older (before 86) pick-up and swap in the engine, tranny, t-case, and axles. It would make you one hell of a truck!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its actually the plain old B diesel rated at 80hp/141lbs. I know it'll will be a heavy sucker. I'm building a Dana 44 anyways. :D

The Grand Vitara rear end (which I believe is essentially the same as the older Sidekick) puts up with 160lb-ft from the V6. Although the pinion looks mighty small on that 5.13 gear set... :rolleyes:

I'd have to find a LC t-case then.... and a LC or Waggy quadra-track rear end too. :confused2

Maybe I'll go bug my buddy with the wrecked Nissan diesel pickup instead :*******

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.