BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, well i have predicament, you see i need some helpful advice. I currently have a 3inch suspension 2 inch body lift on my 83 toy and running 32's. Now i want to put on some 35x12.5 baja claws, now would you suggest i modify my fenderwells and firewall to fit the 35s , or should i throw in a 6ich suspension to replace the 3inch and keep the 2body for a total of 8inchs of lift. Im kinda new to alot of the building stuff and was just wondering which would benefit me more, in the long run of 4x4ing , i just dont want to make the thing so freakin big that it would be stupid. all suggestions are welcome

thanks
JEFF

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
in the " long run" u should take out your body lift and run some 44044's front and chevy rears. but if your on a tight budget and don't want more flex, and ground clearance then leave it, oh yeah u will need some 5:29's for 35's and if u do gears, its always a good time to do lockers to, oh and u need crossover or highsteer with 44044;s:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
YOTABONZ said:
Hey yall, well i have predicament, you see i need some helpful advice.
Im kinda new to alot of the building stuff and was just wondering which would benefit me more, in the long run of 4x4ing.

all suggestions are welcome.

thanks
JEFF

My suggestion is to buy a back-roads map book and go do some driving.
You'll probably put the tire money into a chainsaw or gps or camera instead.
Now is a beautiful time out on the trails....

·
Registered
363 Posts
imo, keep the lift you have, it should be enough, and you already have it paid for. wheel with the new rubbers and see how much clearance is needed, if any. a BFH to the fenderwell is really fun, and probably give you a couple inches. if more is needed, you may want to consider fabing up a new front spring hanger to relocate the axle. after a while you may decide to swap the springs and go crossover.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help guys, and if anyone still has something to add feel free. So i figure that you cause think the 5inchs of combined suspension and body lift should be plenty.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
so pretty much you all figure puting in the lift would be a little pointless, and that i can wheel just fine with the 5inch lift and 35s.

i Suppose i could get more flex with a 7inch suspension only though would i not?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
smaller, as far as i now Mickey Thompson aswell as Iterco are true sizes, none of this 33x12.5 that measures to like 29.5

THats just what i heard thats all, they seemed me to be a larger 35 . ah well there going to work awsome either way

thanks
JEFF

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
there was a pic of a 35" bfg mud a 35" baja claw and a 33" bfg mud and the 35 claw was right in the middle of the 2,

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just for reference:

My 35" BFG's measured 34" @ 100% tread @ 35psi (I would never put that much air in them)

G

·
I run 31 inch Big O XT's and dont have any problems at all with rubbing on a stock 88 IFS truck. You should have enough room to clear those 35's with the lift you have in your truck currently unless things like the springs and body mounts are shot to sh*t.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts